This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

First time Governor rebuild

Time saving tips to keep your Cub running smooth
Pabst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44333
Tractors Owned: Farmall cub 56-Spartacus
International cub 76
Cub L-F 194 Plow
Cub F38 Disk Harrow
Cub L-F1 Platform Carrier
Cub 54 Leveling Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

First time Governor rebuild

Postby Pabst » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Hello,
Before I attemped to fix anything on my cub, I like to research it throughly to understand what is needed to complete the subject task. I started by researching the forum and found two threads. The first, by the Van Oostrum brothers a powerpoint presentation on the governor rebuild and the second, Inspection & repair of a Governor. I believe I did a good job with rebuilding a governor for the first time.

Lately, I have been having issues with my cub with governor responsiveness. I had a governor that is the correct part number to replace my current governor.
I started by disassembling and checking for wear with the moving parts.
I followed this with removing the accumulated sludge with solvent degreaser.
Next, I replaced the rockshaft bearings and seal.
The old bearing was not allowing free movement more on drag or stiff.
I greased generously the bearing and the thrust ball bearing before reassembly.
I attached the new governor spring which is more substantial then the original as verified through the comparison pictures below.
Finally, I put a liberal coating of primer. Then, I applied 2 finish coats of 2150 red.

Now, that Groove Critters “Sophie” is off life support and out of intensive care unit “Cub House” I can have a Minifest and have Bill Hudson, Groove critter, Ketcham"Capitals" over to guide me with their Cub knowledge.

Pabst :D
Last edited by Pabst on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Engine, Clutch, Transmission and Hydraulics”