This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

how to easily remove clutch pilot bushing. (a little messy)

Time saving tips to keep your Cub running smooth
gtc4d
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28025
Tractors Owned: 1991 JD 755
1948 farmall cub
1949 allis chalmers g
2021 kioti ck3510
1950 farmall cub

how to easily remove clutch pilot bushing. (a little messy)

Postby gtc4d » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:18 am

The easiest way I have found to remove the pilot bushing is to squirt grease into and past the pilot bushing filling up the cavity with grease. I then use a long bolt slightly smaller than the bushing and add electrical tape to the end of the bolt to make a tight fit into the bushing. I then insert the bolt with the tape end into pilot bushing and strike bolt with a hammer.(may take several times) Sometimes I need to add a little more grease, but the hydraulics will force the pilot bushing out. This has worked for me every time. Then after the bushing is out I have to clean up the grease. I used this method last night and was done in 10 minutes start to clean up. Hope this helps someone. Most old timers know this method, my wife's grandfather taught me. Sure do miss him.
Good luck
todd :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Engine, Clutch, Transmission and Hydraulics”