This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Rockshaft Repair

Time saving tips to keep your Cub running smooth
MainelyCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04450
Tractors Owned: 1958 Farmall Cub
1954 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Cub
Ford 1720

Touch Control Rockshaft Repair

Postby MainelyCubs » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 am

I had some damage to my touch control rockshaft; it is the one with the helper spring for the fast hitch. The hole for the helper spring was worn and egg shaped. This is how I fixed it.

This is what it looked like prior to the repair

I have a friend that is a machinist and I asked him to make me a brass plug that was about 2" long, exactly 3/4" on one end and 1-1/2" on the other end.

Knowing that weld will not stick to brass this work great for fixing the wear. I clamped the plug in the good part of the hole and welded in the worn out area.

This is how it turned out. The entire job took 20 minutes to complete.

I thought of several ways to try and fix it and this seemed to be the fastest and easiest way to do it.

EDITED: by Barnyard for wording and sizing.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Engine, Clutch, Transmission and Hydraulics”