This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Home Made Small Engine Air Filter Housing

Time saving tips to keep your Cub running smooth
Popeye
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12589
Tractors Owned: 1953 Farmall Super A
1974 Cub Cadet 169
1951 David Bradley
1955 David Bradley
1959 David Bradley Suburban

Home Made Small Engine Air Filter Housing

Postby Popeye » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:19 pm

I use Older Snow blower Tecumseh Engines a lot to repower My David Bradley tractors. the Problem is that they have what's called a Heater Box mounted right to the carb. To Warm the fuel mixture in the winter, Yea Right.... No Air Filter or Housing for one at all. This is why these carbs get messed up with gunk so much. Well, after seeing what the Air Filter housing that fits these engines cost on ebay and how rare they are to find I decide to fabricate my own. Here is a video of the first prototype... Very Simple, Very Cheap, Takes approx. 10 Minutes to make it , Cost approx. .85 Yes, Eighty Five Cents!!!!!!!!!!! Totally Reusable, No Replacement Elements. Home Made Sponge Type Oil Bath Air Filter
Please feel Free to Comment, I'd really Like to Hear what you think. Thanks, DanO'

http://youtu.be/HBLtOWQYyxA
"I Yam What I Yam"

"Life is a Short Trip, You Don't Need Baggage" DOC

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Engine, Clutch, Transmission and Hydraulics”