This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control Fill Plug - Extension

Time saving tips to keep your Cub running smooth
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Touch Control Fill Plug - Extension

Postby Rudi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:24 pm

I got tired of spilling TC Fluid whenever I wanted to top off the reservoir. So thinking about what Jim and a few others have done.. I decided to go ahead and put in an extension.

After the 7/8"-18 NPT fitting boo-boo - I realized that the threads were a standard 3/4" NPT which made sourcing the parts a lot simpler. Since I already had a number of 1/2" NPT nipples of varying lengths I elected to get the following items for this little upgrade:

a 3/4" x 1/2" NPT Reducer Bushing

and a 3/4" x 1/2" NPT Reducing Elbow

as that would be the cheapest avenue for me.

I added a Hex Head Plug, 3/4 In, Threaded, Blk Steel

I was all set. I used a 1/2" x 4" NPT nipple

to get the elbow out past the Rear Rock shaft Rod. After assembly this is what I have:

Now I can top off or re-fill the reservoir without using a funnel and without spilling a drop :!: :{_}: :big smile: Another benefit of this little project, is if I actually need to use an external reservoir, it will be an easy additon for the splitter project.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Engine, Clutch, Transmission and Hydraulics”