This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Changing Oil Bath Filter Oil Cup

Time saving tips to keep your Cub running smooth
Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Changing Oil Bath Filter Oil Cup

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 am

While letting my 14 Year old grandson Zack Morris change the oil in the Cub, I also had him clean and replace the oil in the Oil Bath Filter Oil Cup. As you know they are a pretty good fit at the bottom after the spring clip is moved over to the side they are some times hard to remove. I just let him try his way until he gave up on his own and said PAPA I can't get it off.

Then I showed him how I do it.
pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

Just take the Oil Bath Filter Cap off the top of the Assembly, slide the Spring Clip holding the Cup to the front or back,which ever gives you the most clearance. Then take a long screw driver put it through the hole,
pic03.jpg

and simply bump the bottom of the Cup from the inside with one hand under the the Cup to catch it.
pic04.jpg

After cleaning the cup replace oil up to the full line with what ever oil you use in the tractor.
Last edited by Barnyard on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Missing Images
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Engine, Clutch, Transmission and Hydraulics”