This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

DIY Clutch Alignment Tool

Time saving tips to keep your Cub running smooth
Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320
Circle of Safety: Y

DIY Clutch Alignment Tool

Postby Tim Martin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:56 pm

While I was in the garage tonight, I remembered something that Dave Bennett and I discussed on my trip to his place. I told him that I had a bent clutch shaft that had some wobble in it and he suggested cutting off the end and making an alignment tool out of it. He said to weld a ring or tee handle on the end so that you can extract the tool once the job is finished.

I put the shaft into a clutch/flywheel assembly and determined that I only needed the spline section to make the tool. I added another 4" to the shaft so the tool portion is a total of 9" long. The tee handle was just another 5" piece of the shaft that I cut with my chop saw. After a little dressing up with a sander, I laid them out on the garage floor with some jig magnets and tacked a bead on both sides of the joint. I took the magnets off and finished the welding with my MIG welder, let it cool, added a little spray bomb 2150, and now I have a nifty little clutch alignment tool.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Engine, Clutch, Transmission and Hydraulics”