This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

dead ignition modual

Batteries, magnetos, distributors, wiring harnesses and more.
Roninpa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15330

dead ignition modual

Postby Roninpa » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:42 pm

I had a concrete quickie saw that didn't have any spark, I disconnected the grounding shut wire from coil and still no spark. i put a new module on and still no spark. At that point i was really lost, so i went on a small engine forum [ i don't recall which one] and typed in a description of my problem and found this solution. Put a socket on the fly wheel nut and spin it in the direction of rotation with a drill motor and the coil will resume sparking. I did this and it worked and the saw started on the first pull after this. I don't no why this works but it does. You can try this on any small engine and if you still don't have spark the module is dead. Ron

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: dead ignition modual

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Be sure to use a drill, not an impact for that. An impact will strip the threads in the nut. One guess how I know.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Ignition/Electrical”