bat007.jpg
bat008.jpg
bat009.jpg
bat010.jpg
bat012.jpg
bat013.jpg
bat014.jpg
bat015.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Big Dog's Battery Cable Installation.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks for the tutorial, Bigdog. Glad to hear from you! :)

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi,
Nice wiring repair. Here's a pic from the Farmall Cub owner's manual, showing the cable routing. The original routing was a little different by the clutch pedal. You're missing clip number 12 in the pic, which fastens on the dash at the little hole visible in one of your pics. In the IH pic the cable doesn't go forward of the clutch pedal stop. Then as the cable goes up by the dash, it's against the dash, or slightly behind it, out of sight. It's shown in the bottom left pic in the owner's manual pic. Thought I'd put the info here in case someone wanted to do theirs like IH had them. My Cub came like is shown in the owner's manual pic. One pic shows the whole length, mostly. Click on the pic makes it bigger. Have a good day guys, Glen. :)

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20 ... age-38.jpg

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Glen, I don't believe this was intended to show the factory layout, but rather as an alternative method as many of the "How To" posts are. Some Cubs are missing the clip you mention and without it the cable can get caught up in the clutch pedal. Bigdog's method shows how to avoid that by moving the cable forward.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:31 am

Thanks Big Dog!

All my Cubs get the braided strap, it is the most reliable ground you can get and also works to keep the battery in place.

As for the pesky dash clip, even on a 12v with a smaller wire, it is the most difficult fastener on a Cub.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:58 am

Good stuff Darrell--it sure does help avoiding the clutch!! Appreciate the "How To"!!