This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Greetings from upstate New York

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Sawdoktor
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 12211

Greetings from upstate New York

Postby Sawdoktor » Mon May 11, 2015 3:35 pm

I just found this forum and signed myself up. I have 1948 cub which I currently use mostly to haul wood & brush while I attempt to reclaim a couple of acres of former farm land from Mother Nature. The cub runs like a Swiss watch, but I realize that no machine will stay that way for long without proper maintainence and TLC. I hope to "harvest" lots of tips and tricks from you folks, on how to best keep the cub purring. Once I complete the land reclaimation project, I hope to do a parade-worthy restoration so I can show the tractor off next Memorial Day. I know my father-in-law (WW2 Purple Heart & Bronze Star recipient) would be proud to see his little tractor decked out in the Stars and Stripes to honor our vets.
Looking forward to a productive information exchange with some fellow IH enthusiasts.
Gerry

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bezirk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22843
Tractors Owned: Farmall Cub 1949, Oliver OC3 crawler 1951, Ford 8 N 1948, Oliver 77 Row Crop 1953, JohnDeere, La, 1941, John Deere 4115/w loader, 2004, John Deere stationary power unit LUC, Farmall M, 1946, Oliver 77 Row crop w/ loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Greetings from upstate New York

Postby Bezirk » Mon May 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Welcome , you are at the right place for lots of information and to have your questions answered. At the top you will find a service manual if you need it. In upstate you have excellent sources for learning from the pros at CubFests. Cecil has one in October and mini Fests through out the year.

Berlin
I started out with nothing and now I only have half of that left !

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon May 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Gerry, Welcome to the Forum. As Berlin said, there is lots of info available here. If you click on either of the "manuals" links in the tool bar above, you can an Owner's/Operator's manual for your Cub that will give you a maintenance and lubrication schedule. There are some oddball lube places (throw out bearing, fan hub, generator, rear finals, etc.) that are often overlooked and can cause extra work if they need replacement. I'd suggest starting there and then let us know if you need any help.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Mon May 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Welcome to the forum, always good to have another from NY