This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello Cub peeps

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Fatcat
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 37660

Hello Cub peeps

Postby Fatcat » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:56 pm

MY dad is restoring a 1962 Cub. He is 72 years old and he is loving working on this tractor. He does not use a computer so he is asking me to look up information to help with the restoration. I hope to find a wealth of information on this site. Just from browsing around for a few minutes, I think I have struck CUB GOLD.......Thanks for having me.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hello Cub peeps

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Fatcat wrote:MY dad is restoring a 1962 Cub. He is 72 years old and he is loving working on this tractor. He does not use a computer so he is asking me to look up information to help with the restoration. I hope to find a wealth of information on this site. Just from browsing around for a few minutes, I think I have struck CUB GOLD.......Thanks for having me.

Yup, you struck Cub Gold. Check out the manuals, up above on the page. Parts people, sponsors of the site. Lots of knowledgeable people. Ask any questions he has.
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Fatcat and Dad, Welcome to the Forum. In addition to the manuals, the how to forum has lots of good info. Let us know if we can be of help.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:16 am

Fatcat, Welcome to the forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I assume from your post that your dad is doing the restoring and you're doing the computer leg-work. That's okay, but if you haven't already, I encourage you to pick up a wrench and help him out. Not that he (or you) needs it, but it would be a great father-son experience.

Glad to have ya!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Fatcat
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 37660

Postby Fatcat » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Thanks to all you guys for the welcome. I do have quick question if you could help.....dad is trying to get all of the electrical components sorted out before he puts the hood and instrument panel back on....the problem is with the generator. We took the generator and voltage regulator to a local shop that rebuilds starters, generators, alternators etc...
He tested the generator and voltage reg and determined the generator was good - voltage reg was bad. We purchased a new voltage reg and put both on the cub. For some reason, we are not getting any reading at the generator. We bought a multi tester and we have tried testing it per the recommendation we found in the Blue Ribbon service manual.....do you guys have any other suggestions? We don't mind purchasing another generator, but we can't find anywhere to buy one. All we can find are rebuild parts......

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI

Postby BIGHOSS » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:44 pm

This is one of the problems that drives us nuts! It has become almost impossible to purchase a VR made in USA. Most that you buy will not work out of the box. My advice is to take the genny and VR to a good rebuild shop for testing. They are able to test the genny under load while it is hooked to the VR. The VR can be tweaked to have the correct output. They may have to try several VRs before getting one that will work properly. Even if they find the right combination, there is no assurance that it will charge after installing it on the tractor. :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x

This is the reason that a lot of us who are not concerned about being "correct" will change over to a one wire alternator. Solves a lot of problems.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

dfreed01
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19473

Postby dfreed01 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:51 pm

I agree with the Cub Gold. Stumbled onto this site will researching information to help my brother repair a '48 Cub. Lots of helpful info.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”