This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New member from Maryland

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
HarveyCub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 21163
Tractors Owned: '66 IH Cub Lo Boy (Harvey)

New member from Maryland

Postby HarveyCub » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Hello all,

Earlier this year, I moved from a place that had a yard the size of a postage stamp. There, I could do the lawn using a mower powered with an extension cord. We bought a beautiful place outside of Baltimore with several acres and all the nature a guy, a gal and their trusty mutt could want. A great housewarming gift in the form of a new Cub Cadet with a 50" deck was just what was needed to do a little mowing and boy have I been happy with how relaxing that chore is. But our property is more than just the area around the house that I keep trimmed. Out our back door we have a beautiful hay colored field of tall grass that leads out into the forest of the state park. It's not big country like Montana, but big enjoyment for us... This guy clearly needed another new toy.

I can't ever recall being close enough to a tractor to actually touch one when I was young. I grew up in a suburban development. I really came to appreciate these machines several years ago on my first trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan visiting the family of my better half. There's just something so incredible about anything that does such hard work and stands the test of time. No planned obsolescence. No hitting the scrap heap in favor of the latest model. Truly something to be admired.

With nature all around and settling into a new way of life, I thought it would be great to have a tractor. Do we really need one? I can probably get by without it. Would it be great to have one? Well that's a different story. One of the best things about our new home is a far more scenic start to our drive through back roads when commuting to work. Was I surprised just a couple of weeks ago to see a Cub Lo Boy on the corner of a small farm we pass every day. After a double take on my part, I saw it had a for sale sign on it. It was even the same yellow and white color scheme as the Cub Cadet!

It took a couple of days for me to call. Some of it was convincing the lady of the house. Some of it was just the uncertainty of getting something I knew so little about. But I did my research and liked what I saw. This was the right machine for our place - the right size, the right capabilities. A great first tractor. It even came with a few implements and an original owners manual. Met the nicest fella selling the tractor and I caught the bug. A friend, a flatbed and a few dollars later, the Lo Boy sat outside our place. Triumph. "Harvey" (taken from International HARVester) was home. While dubbing my new tractor with a name worthy of its stature, I couldn't leave the Cadet behind. He is now "Junior." What a pair!

Glad to be here and look forward to learning from others.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New member from Maryland

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Harveycub, Welcome to the Forum. If you didn't get manuals with your LoBoy, you can download and print them from the tool bar above. You might want to check with the seller and see when he last changed fluids, etc. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope you enjoy your Cub.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:29 am

Hi Harveycub,
A big Irish welcome to the "Cub Tribe". It sounds like you are already hooked. once you get her all checked out you will enjoy many happy hours on your tractor and on the forum you will get all the assistance you need to keep her up & running. Enjoy the ride :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:58 am

Welcome to the Forum!

Get ready, those two will attract more!
David

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:01 am

Welcome to the forum. You should have plenty of fun on that new loboy.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet

Postby Bill V in Md » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Hello Harveycub,
Welcome to the forum from another Maryland Cubber. Good luck with your tractors. I hope they bring you as much joy as mine has to me.
Bill
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Return to “Introduce Yourself”