Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada

Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:49 pm

1-21-IMG_3067.JPG
I'm David and I just purchased 1952 Farmall Cub Tractor. It needs alot of work, hope fully with lots of information I can restore this tractor. Hasn't been running for 8 years, I saw it and had to have it. I'm ritired so I have lots of time to work on this Cub. First time doing something like this, the tractor is as old as me. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Hello from Nova Scotia, Canada

Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi David,welcome to the forum, you will find lots of help here for your project
Tim

Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:38 pm

David, Welcome to the Forum. You'll find a lot of friendly and knowledgeable Cub lovers here. If you don't have manuals, you can click on "PDF manuals" in the toolbar above and download owner's, operator's, service, and parts manuals. Let us know what experience you have with tractors and we can give you tips on things that need to be done as you're starting the Cub (like priming the oil pump, etc.).

Bob

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I have no experience with tractors, I can use all the help I can get. Priming the oil pump sounds different, I bought a new 6 volt battery, everything else looks like it their. I was supperised the gas tank and hood are one piece. Davud

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:32 pm

David, Welcome to the forum!

Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm

My 50 Cub is older than me and I am nowhere near retiring! (One can always dream.....)

They are pretty simple in the scheme of things, I would recommend your own copy of an operator's manual (any before 1975 will be fine) and I find the parts manual invaluable too. Especially when putting it back together!

Many years ago I rode my bicycle around Nova Scotia.... it's bigger than it looks!

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:04 am

Welcome to the forum David. You will not find a a better bunch of guys and gals with all the information you need. Take some time to look around and be sure to use the search section, how to etc. bottom of page has some sponsers for parts and we members that sell used parts also.

That cub looks cold with her clothes. Have fun and enjoy.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:33 am

Welcome to the forum.