Newbie from Kansas

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:34 am

Hello all, my name is Dave and like the title says I'm a newbie from Kansas, actually in Towanda, Ks right now. I just bought a 48 Farmall Cub with a sickle mower attached and the hydraulics. Were moving onto a little land and I'm gonna use the tractor for putting in a garden and doing some mowing. Eventually I wanna get a snow blade and use it for that in the winter. I can't wait to get moved and start using the tractor. I used to drive old Ford 8 and 9n tractors and some old Fergusons on farms I worked on when I was a teenager and I have always loved tractors, especially love the Farmalls. I think this cub is gonna be great for what I wanna use it for.

Re: Newbie from Kansas

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:01 am

Dave, Welcome to the Forum. There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable Cub lovers here. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. There is a Kansas Cubfest on May 3rd in Burlington. If you have a chance to attend, you'll meet some local Cubbers and can even have some work done on your Cub if its needs any.

Bob

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:42 am

Welcome to the Cub forum! Glad you're here!

You're about 2-1/4 hours drive from the NE OK Cubfest held in Dewey, OK (April 25th-26th) and 1-1/2 hours away from the Kansas Cubfest north of Burlington, KS (May 3rd). Cubfest schedule here: viewtopic.php?f=223&t=81945

You can post a WANTED thread on THE VINE (located here: viewforum.php?f=223) if you're looking for something in particular. A Cubfest is a good place to view and/or buy things as well as getting some hands-on education.

Feel free to post any questions you might have in the appropriate forum categories. :)

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Thanks gentlemen for the welcome. I've been reading about the Cubfests and tractor shows. I gotta find some on weekends I don't work but I plan on attending at least one this year.

Dave

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:58 am

Welcome to the forum from Arkansas. This is a great time to spend some time. Lot's of information on this site.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:49 am

Welcome to the forum