This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

184 main clutch

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
econcordjon
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14055

184 main clutch

Postby econcordjon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:23 am

Hi I would like to thank everyone who has made this a great forum and I'm glad to be a part of it. Well I borrowed out my 184 to a buddy and after 16hrs he blew the clutch out of my 184 lo-boy, so now I'm up against this task. I just installed the creeper gear and I don't think he used it. Or it would of stayed together. I may need some advice, but I will also provide a step by step for those who may be interested with photos. I'll start tomarrow cause I need to change tires on my snapper mgt2000h from the low-boy, same front tire sizes. Thanks again for a lot of the links I have used over the yrs on here

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: 184 main clutch

Postby Rudi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 am

G'day to you and sorry to hear about your clutch, it is a pain when you loan something out and it comes back busted.... :( I can't help much with the clutch because it is substantially different from the Cultivision Cubs, however there are lots of our members who own the Numbered Series and are pretty sharp fellas :!: :D

I do have some information on the Numbered Cubs, not a lot, but some ..

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

econcordjon
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14055

Postby econcordjon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:21 am

thanks friend, i guess i should have know better to lend things out, but its hard to say no sometimes. next time ill just do the work they need done myself. not mad at no one bud he didnt tell me he was going to mow down a cat tale field either. glad to meet ya , im in east concord, n.y:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:56 am

I see that you are in Western NY south of St Catharines. There is a do happenin next month over in Valatie - CubFest Northeast on the Columbus Day weekend. Check out the CubFests and Gatherings Calendar 2013. It would be an interesting and informative event for you. It is well worth it .. it takes me between 10 and 14 hours to get to Cecil's depending on traffic of course, but the trip is always beautiful and fun. This will be Em's and my 3rd trip to Valatie for the CubFest and it is becoming an annual trek for us :!:

I no longer lend out stuff either .. except to family who all know how to use equipment properly. For anyone else, I am always more than happy to get some unexpected seat time and will go and help em out with my Cub any time.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:42 pm

Welcome to the forum. Hope you don't have any trouble fixing it. Don't know how far it is to Cecils but it would be well worth going.
I am still on the way home from Rocky mt cub fest.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:56 am

Check out the second posting in this thread. Has a complete list of what to do and the order it needs to be done in.
After replacing the clutch 6x on my 184, I wrote down the process. Only takes a few hours to do.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72878&p=586234&hilit=184+clutch#p586234
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:03 am

Just make very certain that the driveshaft is fully seated into the pilot bearing. If the snap ring on the driveshaft won't go in with a little space to spare, then it isn't seated properly. Not being fully seated properly causes the rivets in the hubs to waller out and break.
Guess I am a slow learner because it took me a few clutches to get it properly seated.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Return to “Introduce Yourself”