Hi from Ohio

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:49 am

I've been using the great information here for a while now, and decided it was time to join up and maybe make some contributions.
Got my 76 cub from my father-in-law, who bought it new in 1977. He used it to plow a small garden and push snow in the winter. Eventually, health problems led to the Cub being parked for about ten years, when I bought it from him.

Its now used for mowing and snow plowing. I have the original receipt for it, as well as a quote from another IH dealer. The other dealer quoted a price (this is in 1977) of $4416.00 for a Cub with fast-hitch factory installed. He bought it from another dealer for $3300.00, and got a fast-hitch for $378.00. Other prices on the sales slip: wheel weights $113, International #1200 trailer $339, 54A blade $295, blade extension $19, and chains $120.
Another bit of paper I have is the green factory test tag, which has the date ( of manufacture, I assume), leaks, high idle, and low idle.

Looking forward to the Cub Tug

Re: Hi from Ohio

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:50 am

Here's a pic-

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on obtaining the family Cub, it looks like a nice one. Also a nice choice in accessories, hope you were able to get those as well.

See ya at the Tug!

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:21 pm

G'day to you and congrats :applause: on becoming the 2nd keeper of that Cub. I see you have been playing in the sandbox so you found the picture posting help :D

Here are some more really useful links ..

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the PDF Manuals -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you got a nice Cub. You will definitely enjoy the Tug. See you there.

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Thanks guys. The picture posting help was intended for PC's, so I had to improvise and figure out the procedure for a Mac. I'm a lot more comfortable with Cub era technology.
Barnyard, thanks for the photo tips!

Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Rudi, would you be interested in the sales receipt and the quote for the Sticker Shock page?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:24 am

Hello and welcome. Nice looking machine. Looks like we're practically neighbors. Enjoy the site, as I'm sure you know it's a great place to find about anything you need to know about your Cub.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:52 am

Very nice longstripe! Glad to hear you had an interest in keeping your FIY's Cub in the family. Sentimental value is priceless.

Thanks for sharing.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Welcome to the forum.