This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Old Member - New Intro

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet
Circle of Safety: Y

Old Member - New Intro

Postby Bill V in Md » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:49 pm

I am a long time member, but just getting around to the introduction part. Guess that's the procrastinator in me. I was born and raised in Tennessee, but have lived in Maryland since 1979. Grew up on a tobacco farm, and couldn't wait to change life styles. After more than thirty years in the engineering profession, I can truly say, farming is the only noble profession. Guess my dad knew a little more than I gave him credit for. Anyway, he always had farmalls, but as a kid I loved John Deeres. A few years ago, my wife introduced me to her uncle, who collects farmalls, and I fell in love with em. So I bought a 1948 FCub, and have been restoring it for about 5-years now. The good news is that I am about a week away from starting her up. I began the project more as a learning experience than anything else. One thing for sure, I now have a much better tool shop than before.

Most of my previos life was spent in the great out doors. I was a pretty good rock climber in my day.....lived in a tent in Yosemite valley for about 3-months, after graduating from college. Now I am married to a wonderful wife and have two great daughters. The oldest one starts college next year.......guess my cub expenditures are going to take a hit.

I just wanna say, this forum is the greatest resource, and I can never repay all the expert advice I've gotten, since joining. One of these days I am gonna try my best to make it to one of the Cub Fests. I see where there is one planned for Northern Baltimore County in June, so I got that date marked on the calendar. Take care, and maybe I'll see you out there one of these days.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Old Member - New Intro

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks for the new intro, Bill. Hope to see you at Carm's. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:05 pm

Bill:

Thanks for the bio/intro. I enjoyed reading it.. some great truths in there too :!: :D We will be waiting for pics and a video of the cub on startup :idea: :arrow: :D Enjoy the Fest at Carm's.... En and I are hoping to get to that one to at some point in the future.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Bill,

A long overdue welcome to your long overdue introduction! :D

Where in TN were you from?

Best of luck on the start up!
David

Bill V in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21228
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
LT1045 Cub Cadet

Postby Bill V in Md » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 pm

dgrapes59 wrote:Bill,

A long overdue welcome to your long overdue introduction! :D

Where in TN were you from?

Best of luck on the start up!

I grew up in Springfield, Tennessee (bout 30 miles N of Nashville). Also lived in Manchester (between Nashville & Chattanooga) and Knoxville.
Bill VanHooser
Cub 54 Blade, Cub 193 Moldboard Plow, Cub 28A Disc Harrow
Circle of Safety

Return to “Introduce Yourself”