This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another new guy on on the RED hook!

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N
Circle of Safety: Y

Another new guy on on the RED hook!

Postby dgrapes59 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Hi to all, I am one of those "newbies", recently purchased my first Cub. Forum is new to me, so bear with me! I understand I made the cardinal mistake... I took the hood off! I have a 51 that is in fair shape, was in good running condition, had a radiator leak and that's when the fun began! So far, I have purchased new or used... radiator, front tires, hoses, belts, steering front end parts, brakes, steering gear, transmission (old one was cracked) right final drive (old one was repaired.. kind of), mufler, battery box, wiring harness, manual, numerous small parts and yesterday a monster gasket, seal, hardware & misc. order from Tom @ TM Tractor (who was very helpful!). As soon as the gaskets arrive I will start putting the front end back together, then tackle the transmission & final drive swap. I have been fortunate to meet several members, Ralph.. two visits for parts runs and a wealth of information and help... WOW! Also ran into a member @ Ralphs, Lance, who has offered to help me if/when I get in trouble working on my Cub (he lives just around the corner also!!) Steve was great and gave me information on the upcoming Cub Fest in Tipton, IN, which I plan to attend, as well as the upcoming TRI State show in Portland, IN, hope to meet him and others there. I have heard from and experienced a great group of people so far and hope to contribute as well. Iam looking forward to meeting people and learning so when I get my 2nd Cub it will go easier! Thanks to all so far.. and those to come! (sorry for the long winded introduction) Sincerely, David Grapes
Cub my 51 side trailer.jpg
When I picked it up
David

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Another new guy on on the RED hook!

Postby Barnyard » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:24 pm

Welcome David. As you well know by now you found the right place to enjoy your Cub. If you are so close to those guys you gotta be near me. Where abouts you located. See ya' at Steve's next month.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:58 pm

Thanks Bill, I live in the Middletown, OH area, (Liberty Township) & work in downtown Cincinnati. David
David

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:05 am

I live in Harrison and work in Covington. I get up to Middletown now and then when I go to Miami Valley 4 Wheelers swap meets. I'd say we have a pretty good chance of meeting in the future.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:44 am

Welcome David you are right this the best form on the WWW. I see you have been to see Ralph, a great choice you want beat Ralph for parts and he want sell you something that isn't in great good condition. Jump in and enjoy the fun. :) :)
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:16 am

David,

Welcome. Enjoy the ride!! You are near the center of the Cub universe. Lots of help nearby.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:26 am

Welcome aboard david. i should see you at the CI cub fest as well. Dont forget to mark your calendar for DOCFEST its the 2nd friday/saturday in april.

john

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi David, Congrats on getting the Cub, and welcome to the Forum. All the info you could ever want is available from someone here. Just ask away!

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:55 pm

Welcome David! As Bill said, you are near the center of the cub universe. With Ralph and Barnyard so close I'm amazed that you found a tractor to buy! :wink: :wink: :wink:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby dgrapes59 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Thanks everyone, it is great to see such a good bunch of people willing to help and make you feel welcome! I am looking forward to meeting people at some of the events and getting connected. I will likely take advantage of the offers for help, I am plowing a new field for me! Especially when I tackle the trans & final drive swap, which I hope to do soon. I got the tractor from Senatobia, MS, my brother in law wheels and deals with tractors, mostly Fords (8N, etc.) I told him I was interested and he quickly purchased "us" a 154, not really what I was looking for, so he sold it. In the mean time he ran across this 51 Cub and I looked at it in the rain one morning on my way through there from visiting family in TX. Bought it, then took a trip down a few weeks later to pick it up. My wife said my "mid life crisis" purchase could have been worse! I have family in NE and spent many summers there in the farming heartland, best times of my life staying with my Uncle and tagging along on his farm, riding on the fender of an 8N while he cultivated, etc. We kept my Grandparents home place, house on about an acre in the middle of nowhere, a all but gone town of Boone, NE... population about 15 if you count a couple farmers on the edges of town! I go back pheasant hunting, which is my passion, 2 or 3 weeks each year, plus squeeze in a couple visits other times if I can (am going early Sept. for a week). Farmalls were used by many in the area, mostly smaller ones for farmyard work, but don't recall seeing any Cubs. Thanks again, and hope to meet some of you in Portland soon! To the hunt, David
David

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:48 am

David:

Usually I say "betcha you can't stop at one", but you already got the disease I guess judging from your first post. So all I can do is do what I do and that is the Welcome Wagon and the links to all the information available on Cubs that we have.

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.

So, just have fun, enjoy that Cub and play lots. :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Welcome Dave, I know you will enjoy it here. :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

TractorChick
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63023
Skype Name: The Chick
Tractors Owned: 2006 exmark zeroturn
1949 farmall cub
1948 farmall C
1963 Tilly Tiller
1951 Farmall Super A "lil' devil"
1945 farmall a "Apple"
1955 farmall cub

Postby TractorChick » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:13 am

Welcome!!!!
There's alot of guys on here that can help you through any problems with your cub.
Hope You enjoy it!!!
:)
Amanda
Silly Boys, Trucks are for girls.... :)
1963 Divco milk truck
1998 chevy Z71 truck
1984 SS Elcamino

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314