This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Greetings from the odd guy with the odd dog at the Cub Tug

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Joe Howard
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Greetings from the odd guy with the odd dog at the Cub Tug

Postby Joe Howard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:10 am

I rarely review this sub topic but did so today and feel compelled to respond to your thread: I don't understand it!!! Eight years of elementry school, four years of high school, four years of undergraduate work, maby (redneck spelling of maybe)four to six years of post graduate study and (likely) several years of internship,etc, and you'd rather work on an old piece of junk with grease under your fingernails rather than be on the first tee on a Saturday????? A good friend of mine (also a college professor with a doctorate degree) and I are working on two tractors in my basement (his M, my Cub) in what will be a complete "blueprint" rebuild of both..............I ask him from time to time if we're "optimizing the use of our time, mindful as we are, that we each have a finite number of heartbeats left"......and he assures me that we are because we are doing what we really enjoy and will have something to show for it in the end, which isn't the case with a round of golf. In my judgment, we complement each other in the joint effort: he is by-the-book, methodical, deliberate; I am the bull in a china shop, get me a bigger hammer type, and (believe it or not) there is a place for BOTH of us in a project like this. Hang with the Cub, it will reward you for your efforts in the end. Re the engine......things are RARELY as bad as they seem at first cut, it'll be fuel flow, timing, wiring, stuck valves, etc, when you "get your arms around it".......eat the elephant one bite at a time and you'll prevail. Keep us posted. JH
-DO NOT OVERLOAD-

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

willray
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby willray » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:11 am

Joe Howard wrote:I rarely review this sub topic but did so today and feel compelled to respond to your thread: I don't understand it!!! Eight years of elementry school, four years of high school, four years of undergraduate work, maby (redneck spelling of maybe)four to six years of post graduate study and (likely) several years of internship,etc, and you'd rather work on an old piece of junk with grease under your fingernails rather than be on the first tee on a Saturday?????

Make that 6 years of undergraduate work, 10 years of postgraduate work, and 5 years of postdoctoral study - Make any more sense now? :-)

I despise golf. If I want to go take a walk in the great outdoors (which I frequently do), I'd much rather traipse around following deer paths in the woods, than chase a stupid plastic ball around someone's lawn. Actually, I'd much rather shoot myself in the head, than chase a stupid plastic ball around someone's lawn. I do have a fantasy about making a "modernized" version of golf though, that would at least be amusing to watch. It's played team-vs-team, scored on minimum time as well as minimum points, and both teams start each round simultaneously teeing-off from the opposing team's "hole".

When colleagues try to invite me to go golfing (which doesn't happen much anymore), I invite them to go to the highpower range with me. Usually shortens the conversation considerably :-)

Yeah, contrary suits me...
Will

Dave F.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave F. » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:54 am

WillRay, Sell the old cub before its to late, Cub addiction is the worst kind of addiction, Their like potatoes chips you just can't have just one, I started with one now I have 5 & 2 parts cubs, If you don't belive me ask George Willer, Big Dog and the other addicts. Be Veery careful. (Welcome aboard) Dave F.

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby redfin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:01 pm

WELCOME TO THIS FORUM :big smile:

TractorChick
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63023
Skype Name: The Chick
Tractors Owned: 2006 exmark zeroturn
1949 farmall cub
1948 farmall C
1963 Tilly Tiller
1951 Farmall Super A "lil' devil"
1945 farmall a "Apple"
1955 farmall cub

Postby TractorChick » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:11 am

Welcome!!!!!!!! :)
Silly Boys, Trucks are for girls.... :)
1963 Divco milk truck
1998 chevy Z71 truck
1984 SS Elcamino

willray
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby willray » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Dave F. wrote:WillRay, Sell the old cub before its to late, Cub addiction is the worst kind of addiction

Oh, I know about addiction. I'm very, very prone to addictions. I think this is a common trait of most "collectors" of stuff. Realizing this, I do my best to steer my addictions into reasonably amusing, useful stuff like old tractors, rather than slipping into the dangerous and perverted like golf :-)

Dave F. wrote:Their like potatoes chips you just can't have just one

That, is a topic for another day...

Will

Return to “Introduce Yourself”