This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brand new Owner

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Brand new Owner

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Ok well its not brand new but its new to me.
My Father inlaw gave me his fathers farmall and all the implements that he had so Im stoked, it runs like a dream but not in show condition.
I have no plans right now for a full restore as everything works and well we use it for the garden and other stuff.

It didnt have any info as my Grandfather past away years ago and basicly knew everything about the tractor, I need to find out specifics so I can get a manual and parts when needed like what year is it ect.
Where to look to find out what year, motor ect.
I can post a picture, we believe its a 1956 but that was My father inlaws best guess.

Any help would be awsome, I spent 3 hours on it yesterday pulling fence, still cant believe its mine!!

Oh first on the list is new rims for the rear and tires, new front tires, a new gasket for the oilpan and what ever else I can afford.

Thanks,
Mike
1956 Farmall cub with belly mower, disc plows, Cultivators, Sickle mower, and Grandpas wood sled.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Brand new Owner

Postby Barnyard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:42 pm

Mike, that is a nice looking Cub. It is in the mid 50's with that grill. The serial number is near the bottom of the steering shaft on the lower part of the radiator. Go to http://www.farmallcub.com/cms/index.php ... al-numbers to determine the year.

Maybe I'm missing something but, why replace the wheels? The originals are more popular than the new after market. Plus the originals clean up pretty good. That is unless you have severe rust through that I am not seeing.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:55 pm

Well actualy I am gonna have the rims cleaned by the guy who does all my powder coating for our motorcycles and determine then if they need to be replaced but if in good shape he'll put a fresh coat of powder on them for me.
Ive got a new set on my list so worst case I will have the funds set aside (haha) and the wife wont kill me.

Im gonna check those numners asap, thanks abunch for such a quick reply, this place rocks!!

Heres a picture with more of the front showing.

Thanks again, any more info others have feel free to post, think of me as a empty pot needing much info, yall may think of something I have not even come upon yet Im sure.

You may notice some lumps on the hood, its not dented or rusting just some peacock crap, I cleaned it off after I took the pictures (haha) stupid birds.... Im glad they aint mine.

1956 Farmall cub with belly mower, disc plows, Cultivators, Sickle mower, and Grandpas wood sled.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:06 pm

Mike:

Nice Cub I like it. Nice Cultivators too!

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:32 pm

Thanks Rudi, I have a belly mower, sickle mower for corn, and two different tiller implements and a corn shucker (spelling?) but I really want to find something to scrape the driveway in the future, not so much for snow because we get very little snow here. Now all I need is a corn field and a garden of my own (haha) well my father inlaw has a garden Im gonna help with so theres that.

I got the numbers and checked it is a 1956, there was a J stamped on the plate too but the website didnt mention the letter off to the side, it didnt seem to be a part of the number as there was a big space between them.

Now to determine what seal gaskets to get for the oil pan, it is seeping ever so slowly.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Mike, The "J" at the end of the serial number indicates that it has a Rockford clutch.

You might want to update your profile to indicate your location using the State/City format. This will help others who may be looking for members in their area. Using state first makes it easier to search for someone.

Don't forget to think of the forum sponsors listed at the bottom of the page when you need parts.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:17 pm

welcome to the forum. its a blast. :D
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Hey Barnyard that makes sence, I updated my profile and made a avatar and will check with sponsors for sure, glad you mentioned it I didnt notice the links, gonna go look thru them now.

Thanks Ron, this is a great place.. Im good with motorcycles but tractors are new to me and Im stoked!!!

Oh and my wife is getting pissed at me because I keep saying " She thinks my tractors sexxxxxxyyyy" I guess it got old after the first 30 times I said it (haha)

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:55 pm

Mike,

Welcome. Very nice looking Cub. You should enjoy it.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:45 pm

Welcome Mike. Like those Cultivators. :) :) Wish I had some like those. :( Enjoy the form.
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Has it ever been repainted? It looks like it may still be original.

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Has it ever been repainted? It looks like it may still be original.

No never repainted, my wifes Grandfather got it new and passed it on to my father inlaw then to me.
I hate to repaint it cause it seems to be tuff paint on it, the cheap stuff now wouldnt come close to lasting this long.

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:20 pm

jimbo9745 wrote:Welcome Mike. Like those Cultivators. :) :) Wish I had some like those. :( Enjoy the form.
Jim

There is two more blades that look like the cultivator hooks that attatch somehow.. I gotta get with my father inlaw as he know how to attatch the implements better than me right now since hes done it so many times with his father over the years. I'll post a picture of what it looks like, I think it makes it wider? looks like one for each side, or maybe there ment to be used on there own?

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Bill (TAMU '78) wrote:Mike,

Welcome. Very nice looking Cub. You should enjoy it.

Bill

HI Bill, thanks

Yeah I enjoyed it abunch yeasterday pulling old fence and left a few marks in the lawn my wife pionted out to me (haha) tractor tire marks in the lawn add character to it I think... Kinda like a cool scar.. I dont think she agrees.

Im gonna upload a picture in a few minutes my wife just handed me of her grandfather when he was young driving it, at first I thought it was a different tractor because the grill looked different but the grill was just off and it is the same tractor.
Last edited by mike1971 on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:32 pm

Mike:

If you follow the links in the Welcome Wagon and go to the Server, look under Cub Implements. First is the Cub-144 Cultivator. All of the associated accessories for the 144 are included there. Sounds like those are the hiller disks that you are describing, but it is all there in the manual.

Also, the scraper you are wanting would be the Cub-54 or the Cub-54A Grader and Leveling Blade. It works very well for landscaping work as well as grading the driveway.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Introduce Yourself”