This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello All

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Welcome

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:05 pm

This is my favorite site on the web. Great people and info, hope youenjoy it as much as I do.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:49 pm

If ya can't learn on here ya aint gonna learn nowhere :D :shock: :cry: Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

59cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44234
Tractors Owned: (2) 1959 Cubs (1) 1951 Cub

Destroying good cubs

Postby 59cub » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Hello everyone again, I would rather not gripe on my 3rd post, but I feel it needs to be said, and if it has been discussed on this site previously, my apologies. To the point, I really hope everyone that is into cubs investigates just who they are buying from on ebay. I have noticed at least two to three different sellers that are buying complete, running cubs and just parting them out. I even have one that lives very close to me. They seem to be on at least number 3 or 4 since spring. If you truly appreciate these great tractors, please watch who you are buying from. No demand and maybe they will stop destroying decent machines. Just my rant for the day.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Destroying good cubs

Postby Rudi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:02 pm

Mark:

59cub wrote:Hello everyone again, I would rather not gripe on my 3rd post, but I feel it needs to be said, and if it has been discussed on this site previously, my apologies. To the point, I really hope everyone that is into cubs investigates just who they are buying from on ebay. I have noticed at least two to three different sellers that are buying complete, running cubs and just parting them out. I even have one that lives very close to me. They seem to be on at least number 3 or 4 since spring. If you truly appreciate these great tractors, please watch who you are buying from. No demand and maybe they will stop destroying decent machines. Just my rant for the day.

You are not alone in these feelings, and this topic has been discussed repeatedly and no need to apologize for it. It is ok... Many people feel the same way about :eBay: but, again it is a reality. I have bought a number of parts from :eBay: and some members of this forum are represented as sellers on :eBay:.. There are also some real pieces of work on :eBay: and they need to be kept clear of... I have a few of my less than favourites as well....

I am a Multiple Cub Club member, and I love my Cubs.. I really do.. they are the greatest tractor period in my mind, not just because of what they do, but what they are and what they have inspired over the generations -- especially here.

However, there is a sad reality.. there were only so many Cubs made. The most of any particular model of any tractor I think, but still it is a finite number.

My last Cub Jed, well he came and he went.. essentially he was a parts tractor. A lucky young man got him and he will be restoring him, but.. those parts that this particular parts Cub needs have to come from somewhere. Good parts are hard to find... no sense putting equally poor used parts on a Cub that is in sad shape. You gotta have good parts.

So, to keep many of our Cubs running, some Cubs have to give up the ghost. That is the way of the world. While it is sad, it is a necessary process. Ralph and Brian and others provide a useful and necessary service.. they find Cubs that may or may not be restorable and part them out. When Ralph or I guess Brian and others find a Cub that needs to be kept whole, they try to sell them whole... I know Ralph has sold a number of them that way... not every Cub gets parted. But parting out is an absolute must if we are to keep our current Cubs running. As far as demand, there will always be a demand for Cub parts... and that is a good thing.... :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe

Postby Jack » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:51 pm

welcome aboard Mark
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”