I better tell you about me!

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:13 pm

Well, I’ve been here about three weeks now so I better introduce myself. My name is Bill and I live in New Haven Ohio about 25 miles west of Cincinnati. I share my place with my wife of 30 years, my 22 year old unmarried daughter (now that I have the Cub maybe the right guy will come along), two Border Collies, a border/rottweiler mix and a variety of small wildlife under my barn floor.

I was born on a farm and my uncle used to own the IH dealer in the area. Dad had the first combine around and helped many of the locals when they needed it. I guess that sort of rubbed off on me since my wife says I’m always to busy helping others and not getting my stuff done.

I have always wanted a Cub but just never actively pursued my quest. When I found mine three weeks ago hidden behind a guys garage in headlight high weeds I knew I better grab it. Now that it’s under roof in my barn I plan to take my time an get it looking better. I have not decided if I want to show it or work it, but knowing me I will probably do both.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at some of the Cub Fest’s within a few hours drive. I hope that next year we can try a longer trip. However, all you single guy’s should be advised that the daughter will probably not be along.

I have to say that I was impressed with Rudi's Welcome Wagon on my first post. You sure make a guy feel like he belongs here.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:35 pm

welcome to the forum.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Welcome! Actually I already looked at your website a little while back. I liked it! Good luck with that Cub and keep us posted. 8) 8)

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:00 am

Bill, Welcome (Formally now) to the Forum. Glad to have another "Neighbor" on the Forum.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:05 am

Welcome Bill to the wonderful world of Cubs and to the Forum :!: . Pete

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:36 am

Welcome Bill! Thanks again for the kind offer to help me. We ought to catch up with each other sometime.

Lance

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:54 am

Image Image Image

Sounds like you're pretty close to Ralph. Good position to be in for parts, but don't let him rub off on ya. Image

Welcome aboard.

JimT

PS: Ralph is a good guy. :wink:

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:10 am

Jim, I'm about 30 minutes from Ralph depending on which route I take. I work in Covington Ky which is only about 10 - 15 minutes from him but 25 minutes from me. Either way, I know I can (and will) give him a shout if I need anything.

I'm just glad I found my Cub before he did. lol!

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:39 am

Into Tractors wrote:Bill, Welcome (Formally now) to the Forum. Glad to have another "Neighbor" on the Forum.

Now I find out Bill isn't a geographic neighbor and not in Huron County... it's the wrong New Haven.

Welcome anyway, Bill. It's good to have you as an internet neighbor.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:54 am

Well George, we may not be neighbors but i hope we will meet at one of the Cub Fests in the future.

Wow, I just noticed my first star. Someday the magical 501.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:36 pm

welcome barnyard congrats on the great cub find i now yhe hunt for # 2 begins. put that daughter on a cub and the single guys will be calling :wink:

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Welcome Bill, love your animation 8) 8)

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:26 pm

Ron - I don't think I could have had a better find. I was actually at a yard sale and the guy tried to sell me his Cub Cadet that I wasn't interested in. I told him I would like to find a Cub and he told me about his neighbor. He said he had his eye on it too. Two days later I talked to his neighbor and brought it home. In a way I feel as though I bought it out from under him but hey, he had his chance to make a deal. So the guilt thing is gone.

Gilles - the animation is from a website where you can make any flaming text you want. It's great for web site attention getters.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:46 pm

Good intro :D :D Thanks

Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:36 am

Bill:

Glad to learn a bit about you.. definitely have a sense of humour - well practiced I would say... with daughters one definitely needs a sense of humour.

I have 4 single daughters.. 1- 18, 2 - 19/20 (twins) and a 23 year old. All at home. I have a single son... 25 not at home. Soon 3 of the 4 girls will be on their own.. stating this weekend.. and completing end Sept... 4th one will probably be embarking on her own this time next year....

I enjoyed your history... and congrats on getting that Cub!