This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello all - from N.C.

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Jerry M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27521

Hello all - from N.C.

Postby Jerry M » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:45 am

Well, lets see. I'm from Bayboro, N.C., just east of New bern. My grandfather farmed 20 acres with a cub back in the 1950's & 60's. I've always been quite interested in them since that time. He died of a heart attack in 1974 and my grandmother sold the tractor around 1976 without my knowing it. Eight or ten years went by and I just couldn't forget the little cub, so I began inquiring about it and found out who bought it. I've made several attempts to purchase it over the years with no luck. The man just won't budge. So last month, I decided to star looking for another. My plan was to wait til I got my vacation check this comming November and buy one. But while I was home (off of the tug boat in which I work) two weeks ago, not more than 4 miles from the house, I spotted one for sale. Naturally, I stopped to look with no intentions to buy. When the mans wife told me the price, I didn't even bother to bartel. I said I'll be back tomorrow to get it. Tore the for sale sign off and told her she hsd no further use for it. A 1951 and it's all mine. :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Steve Butram » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:04 am

Welcome to the forum jerlee28515. You may find this web site a valuable resource for your new TOY .
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:23 am

Welcome aboard!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:26 am

Welcome jerlee28515.

Just make sure you start saving some side money. Usually what happens, when you least expect it, that man will show up and finally decide to sell you your grandfather's cub.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:30 pm

Welcome and lots of luck with your new cub.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:35 pm

jerlee:

First, Image to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

Rick(billyandmillie) wrote:Welcome jerlee28515.

Just make sure you start saving some side money. Usually what happens, when you least expect it, that man will show up and finally decide to sell you your grandfather's cub.

Rick

Count on it, Rick has good advice. But then again.. Cub fever is a contagious disease, and most people I know who one a Cub have never been able to really stop at just one.... Bet you can't stop at one either :!: :wink: 8) :lol: 8) :lol:

Ok, so here is the spiel Image:

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ Prior to Posting. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's 1 and ATIS FAQ's 2, The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub. One of the other projects we have been working on and it will be a continuing effort is the How To Work on Your Cub - Maintenance Tips and Techniques. This the the place to go to get all the quick links to some very good articles written by many members of the forum on solving some of the problems we encounter as we repair, maintain and up-grade our Cubs. Keep looking for this to grow.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub. In addition to this basic information, there are also a number of other useful tools available on the server. There is the Specialty Services page which has contact info for neat stuff like getting your seats recovered, buying quality Decals, Serial Number tags and a host of other neat items. Also there are the Parts Pages - both Used Parts Suppliers and New Parts Suppliers pages with links to quality dealers. I am always looking for YOUR favourite dealers for New and Used Parts to include here. These pages are intended to complement our Official FarmallCub.com Website Sponsors:

I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the three most important manuals you can own for Maintenance, Repair and Rebuilding your Cub. These are the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the Cub Manual Server, it is better if you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only Authorized IH Publication Reprint House and they have the best quality manuals available. Most other's are not of the same quality. Just a personal thought here, the I&T Shop Manuals, although helpful in some areas, really are not sufficient for the job. If you wish though, they are good additional reference works.

IF you really want to get the skinny on all things Cub, might I suggest you get a copy of Ken Updike's Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet's :?: . While you are at it Original Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet is Ken's latest addition to the series. Along with Guy Fay's Letter Series Originality Guide, these are three must have's in anyone's collection.

In addition to the above information, don't forget to check out the various articles that are available to help with your Repair, Restore, Rebuild or just your Maintenance Projects. There are a number of sub pages such as Electrolysis or Rust Zapper's, Maintenance Tips, Jigs and Techniques, Implement and Part Sketches and of course the Paint, Decals & Other Finish Questions which has the Paint Chart and the Paint Committee Decisions links.

Oh, and while the program still lasts.. you might want to check the Announcement: Navistar Free Gas Cap Offer - On-Line Form thread at the top of the Cub Forum and send away for the new style safety cap before that program runs out as well.

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, Image to the Cub FamilyImage :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jerry M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27521

Postby Jerry M » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:11 pm

Thanks a lot for the great welcome. As I'm sure Big Dog will agree, I've already been instagating plenty of mass confusion in the cub forum. Again, thanks for letting me aboard. :D

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:10 am

jerlee28515
Welcome to the greatest form on the web. Now that you have your toy this is the place to get a wealth of info from the best guys I have known anywhere. Someone is always ready to give you help or direct you in the right direction. :)
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

RockClimb
10+ Years
10+ Years

Howdy from NC

Postby RockClimb » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:16 pm

I am from Wilkes County NC. I have a 1951 Cub that was my grandpa's. He bought it used but I don't know what year. He used it to mow 12+ acres of hay and plow about an acre of farm land as long as I can remember.

I put a Woods L59 mowing deck on it about 2-3 years ago. I started overhauling the tractor last fall. I have replaced the front wheel bearings, overhauled the hydraulic pump, piston asmbly, carb, generator and starter, and had the engine rebuilt this winter. I will start on the back of the tractor this winter. I am using an electrolysis tank (now converted to TSP) to clean up most of the parts.

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:38 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the greatest forum on the web!!! Tons of knowledgeable folks here :lol: . pete

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:40 am

Welcome aboard 8)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”