sviennadan

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:36 pm

I'm "South Vienna Dan" since I live in South Vienna, Ohio. My wife Wendy and I have a 10 acre farm that we share with Minature Donkeys, Nubian goats, and Vietnamese pot-bellied pigs. We also have two Golden Retrievers, one Chihuahua, and 3 cats. Our 17 year-old son lives here with us; those of you who attended Cubfest 2005 may have met him. We also have three other children, grown and gone, with 8 grandkids in the stable.
I work the farm with my 1956 Cub, as I have 8 implements for it; I've also added a 1948 Allis Chalmers WD, that is in restoration as you read this. It is running, but I have to repair the hydraulics, to make it a useful tractor. After graduating college, I spent 10 years in the restaurant business, working in various steakhouses in the Dayton, Ohio area, then was fortunate enough to land a job selling in the industrial electronics world, and did that for 25 years, across the Midwest. Now, I'm on the verge of a new career, probably manufacturing drainage tile primarily used in the agriculture community. This Forum has been a Godsend, as I knew nothing about tractors when I moved to the farm 4 years ago. The good folk here have patiently answered questions, and lent advise and shared their knowledge freely. I have met some of the most genuine and friendly folk here and have had the privelage of meeting some of them in person at the last 2 Ohio Cubfests. Finer folks you will not find on this Earth. Thank you all for being here.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:07 am

Hey Dan...I've often enjoyed reading your posts, but I ESPECIALLY LIKE your Marty Feldman dedicated Avatar and your EXCELLANT SIGNATURE at the bottom of all your posts :!: :wink: "A Man Who Enjoys Humor Has No Trouble Recognizing Intellegence" :shock:

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:56 pm

Glad to know ya Dan