Greetings at long last from Central MN

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.

Moderator: Team Cub

BenjaMINN.
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 56374
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub
1948 Cub
(Sickle Mower, Plows, Disc & Cultivators for Cubs)
1941 H
1945 B
Dad's 1950 C
Grandpa's 1952 Super C
1976 Cub Cadet 1450

Greetings at long last from Central MN

Postby BenjaMINN. » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:50 pm

Hello All,
I joined this site more than five years ago with the best intentions of posting about my two Cubs and other tractors/equipment, but never quite found the time to do so. Nonetheless, this site has been an invaluable resource for all of my questions over the past few years. I guess all of my problems had already been asked about and answered by others, so I never had a need to ask new questions. Now, having finally finished restoring my 1947 cub and sickle mower (after something like 16 years in the shop), I've decided it's a good time to finally introduce myself (and show off my Cubs)! I will start threads for each of my tractor projects in due time, but in the meantime here are some before and after photos.
IMG_4416.JPG
1947 Cub finished after 16 years

IMG.jpg
"Before" picture of 1947 Cub

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Greetings at long last from Central MN

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:18 am

Welcome to the forum
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Pap
Cub Star!!
Cub Star!!
Zip Code: 38401
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub ( Err Err )
I could not say tractor when I was 2 years old so I called it Err Err.

I loved this tractor then and I still love it now.

Postby Pap » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:05 pm

Welcome back
Are We Having Fun Yet ? :D
'47 cub ( Err Err )

Stanton
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Welcome back to the Forum, BenjaMINN! Nice '47 Cub! Is it a low serial number?

Don't know if you got the "full meal deal" back then, but take some time now and read through a few threads to reacquaint yourself with the Forum:

After you’ve logged your 2nd post, you'll have access to the all the PDF Manuals on this site. There’s a few ways to do that:
  • From a desktop or laptop, go to "Quick Links" in the upper left corner of your screen. Hit that and a pull-down appears where you'll find "PDF Manuals".
  • You can also go to “Cub Info” in the upper toolbar, then hit “Rudi’s Manuals”. From there, you can access a variety of information.
  • If you're using a phone, go to the "Links Directory" (second category down the main page). Once in "Links Directory" , scroll down to the second section "Tractor Parts & Manuals" and you'll find them there.

You'll be able to download an Owner's Manual (very strongly recommended) and any service manuals that interest you. Implement Manuals are also available.

We’d encourage you to take the Safety Test located in the Safety Forum: http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68084

We would ask that when adding your comments to a thread, be sure to look at the date of the last poster. If it’s more than a 6 months old, the posters are probably not going to see it. Consider starting a new thread.

Glad you joined us.

:tractor:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

BenjaMINN.
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 56374
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub
1948 Cub
(Sickle Mower, Plows, Disc & Cultivators for Cubs)
1941 H
1945 B
Dad's 1950 C
Grandpa's 1952 Super C
1976 Cub Cadet 1450

Postby BenjaMINN. » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:30 pm

Thanks for sharing the info again...probably good to review all that stuff from time to time anyways!

I wouldn't say my '47 Cub has a terribly low serial number (#5727), and some of the casting codes are from September of that year, so I'd say it is a late 1947 model.

It's still early enough to have an engine block susceptible to cracking on the right front ear, though. Of course, I noticed such a crack developing there only while painting it this summer. Doesn't look like it's leaking any oil yet, so I'm not too worried. A while back I saw that someone on this forum was selling a brace for the engine block to prevent further cracking. I tried to find the website where those were sold but it looked abandoned. Any idea where I might still find such a brace?
Thanks!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:01 pm

Send a PM to Berlin (Bezirk is his forum name). He is having them made.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Introduce Yourself”