This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello from central Minnesota

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Tim in MN
Zip Code: 56353

Hello from central Minnesota

Postby Tim in MN » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi all. I have enjoyed the site over the years and have kicked around being active on it and decided now is a good time to start. My Dad got me into Cubs at an early age. The first thing I ever drove was his first cub he owned back in the 70's. Over the years he has bought and sold cubs and we still own several. I am lucky/spoiled because I've never had to buy a cub. He gave me my first- it was a '63 that had been in a fire and then sat for probably 20 years. He said I could have it if I got it running. It wasn't burned bad but boy it looked rough after rusting. I restored it beautifully and it's been my lawn mower the last 6 years or so. My first Cub project this spring will be to deal with the o-ring in the hydro pump that is allowing fluid into the motor. Don't know if I'm gong to try the fancy o ring I've read about or have the shaft in the gear repaired at Ikler's in St. Cloud. I did get a kick about a thread I found where guys were asking a while back about a Cub my Dad had restored and brought to Cubarama. It's an orange highway department Cub with dual wheels. He did an awesome restoration on it and still has it. He has a lot of Cub parts and implements so it's nice not having to buy items when working on the tractors. He's to the point where he may want to start getting rid of some things. I hate to see them go so I've gotten a few items as early inheritance. He has a 47 that is in the rust but we never have found the time to get to it. Anyway, I probably went long so i should wrap this up. Thanks for all the great information you guys put out!!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hello from central Minnesota

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:03 pm

Tim, Welcome to the Forum. Nice to hear from someone who has grown up with Cubs and still has a passion for them.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Tim. We look forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing a few pics.

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:41 pm

Tim,
Welcome to the forum.
My father was born and raised in Onamia, not too far from you.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:45 pm

Tim, Welcome to the forum, I am just over the road in St Joseph, MN
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:01 pm

Welcome. I'm nearby in Clear Lake. But I don't think I want to get together for a while.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear

Postby T-Mo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:19 am

Tim, welcome to the forum.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:01 am

Welcome to the forum, Tim.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:23 am

Tim, welcome to the forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Tim in MN
Zip Code: 56353

Postby Tim in MN » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:28 am

Thanks for the welcome guys! Going out to the garage to start working on replacing a cracked front end- It's a slow leak under the radiator. While I'm at it I'm gong to sleeve the front pulley and throw in a new seal. Have done this once already with home made tools and knowledge garnered from you guys. Look forward to meeting some of you in the future!

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:16 pm

Tim in MN wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys! Going out to the garage to start working on replacing a cracked front end- It's a slow leak under the radiator. While I'm at it I'm gong to sleeve the front pulley and throw in a new seal. Have done this once already with home made tools and knowledge garnered from you guys. Look forward to meeting some of you in the future!

Welcome to the Forum! Don't forget to wedge the front end before disassembly!

Take some time and read through a few threads to acquaint yourself with the Forum:

Don't know if you have all the manuals to your Cub, now that you’ve logged your 2nd post, you'll have access to the all the PDF Manuals on this site. They are located via "Quick Links" in the upper left corner of your screen. Hit that and a pull-down appears where you'll find "PDF Manuals". Through that link, you'll be able to download an Owner's Manual (very strongly recommended) and any service manuals that interest you. You'll be able to familiarize yourself with your new-to-you Cub more quickly. Implement Manuals are also available.

We’d encourage you to take the Safety Test located in the Safety Forum: http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68084

Might also enjoy reading through this thread (even though it’s for a Cub, much can be applied to any tractor just brought home): What to do with a Cub you just brought home

There are a lot of good threads dealing with Cub repair and maintenance in the How To Forum. Located here: http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=11

Take some pictures of your tractors and post them, we’d like to see them. Remember, when you have a specific question, start a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum and use the Preview button before hitting Submit--it'll show you exactly what your post will look like.

Glad you joined us.

:tractor:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “Introduce Yourself”