This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello from BC Canada

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Nybz
Zip Code: V4X2H5

Hello from BC Canada

Postby Nybz » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:43 am

Proud new owner of a ‘53 cub!

CABB0E07-BBEB-4B41-B6B3-2E7BBE21F0DD.jpeg

5D4DB30A-81E3-4206-8925-CAF6C7CD74AE.jpeg

Mike here. Farming 5-6 acres in mixed organic vegetables in the Fraser valley near Vancouver BC.

The tractor has been In the same family since new. Bought it from a nice old feller, whose dad owned the tractor and used it for strawberry cultivation.
Seems like it is in decent shape and has been relatively well cared for and kept under cover.

Compression checked out to be between 90 on one and the other three between 95 and 100psi

Hydraulics might need a new seal or two. Brakes don’t really work. Found an adjustable wrench in the gas tank...you know, the usual kinda stuff when buying an old tractor.

It came with a bunch of points, discs, plow, cultivators, sweeps, and a PTO water pump which I can use for liquid fert. Bonus!
616074CE-2BCB-41EA-96EC-813C72E9B1B7.jpeg

8AC669C1-D5EC-438B-8780-CCEA03BD50E3.jpeg
Pretty sure those bars is to raise and lower the plow?

Basically just looking for a low impact cultivation and seeding machine.
I also just got five tool bar mounted jang seeders to figure out how to hook up, and a basket weeder. The idea is to be able to seed and weed with with the same tractor so I don’t have to use the heavy kabota if I don’t need to.

Plus I just love old machines and enjoy working and fixing them.
Mostly been rebuilding old motorcycles, but the tractor world is still pretty new to me.

I am sure I will have a bunch of questions, for the folks here who have been dealing with these machines a lot longer then I have.
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your knowledge.

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hello from BC Canada

Postby T-Mo » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:19 am

Mike, welcome to the forum.

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:17 am

Mike, welcome to the forum.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:52 am

Welcome to the Forum!

Take some time and read through a few threads to acquaint yourself with the Forum:

Don't know if you have all the manuals to your Cub, but now that you’ve logged your 2nd post, you'll have access to the all the PDF Manuals. They are located via "Quick Links" in the upper left corner of your screen. Hit that and a pull-down appears where you'll find "PDF Manuals". Through that link, you'll be able to download an Owner's Manual (very strongly recommended) and any service manuals that interest you. You'll be able to familiarize yourself with your new-to-you Cub more quickly. Implement Manuals are also available.

We’d encourage you to take the Safety Test located in the Safety Forum: http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=68084

Might also enjoy reading through this thread (even though it’s for a Cub, much can be applied to any tractor just brought home): What to do with a Cub you just brought home

There are a lot of good threads dealing with Cub repair and maintenance in the How To Forum. Located here: http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=11

Thanks for taking some pictures of your tractor. On my desktop computer, your pics all came in upside-down. In the future, you might turn your phone the opposite direction. Just a suggestion. Remember, when you have a specific question, start a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum and use the Preview button before hitting Submit--it'll show you exactly what your post will look like.

Glad you joined us.

:tractor:
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:01 am

Welcome.

When you get a chance tell us about what vegetables you plant and where or how you sell your produce.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:22 am

All that stuff in the middle of your fourth picture is the main mounting frame for a snowplow. The thing hanging on the middle of your drawbar in the first picture is part of it too. Your moldboard plow in picture four is complete without the snowplow parts. The standard U-shaped drawbar is used to mount the moldboard plow.

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Postby CapeCodCubs » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:49 am

Welcome...I commented on the post in the main forum. Was hoping to find out more about the pump on the back of the Cub. Could you post some pictures and tell more about it? We grow garlic and fingerlings.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”