This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Circle of Life

Dedicated to those we love and miss dearly.
Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.
Circle of Safety: Y

Circle of Life

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:23 am

Well guys,

You never know when you'll have to leave this place...and for some, it seems way too soon.

Sat the 19th I lost my beloved 'StepDad' I've known since 1973. He was only 68. He succumbed to the ravages of cancer rather quickly once they found it. Both the esophogas and liver. He was non-symptomatic until way too late for treatments.

The quotes around stepdad some of you may understand without explanation. He was a true father to us kids. Biology wasn't an issue with him...ever.

He retired last May as did my Mom, and found out his fate in mid August. Much of who I am today is because of who he was. My concern now is what is in store for Mom. That was his only dying wish, that we see to her. I told him...if I'd have known I'd be doing this now in life...I wouldn't have irritated (put lightly!) her so much as a youngin and teen. He just laughed a bit, and so did I.

He will be missed dearly for a long time, but his pain and suffering are over.

So if you would, remember the firm; kind soul who was was my StepDad, and Mom in a prayer or two.

See ya on the other side Pops...save a spot for me.......

Submitted in Honor and Memorium of Albert Eugene Wolf

Dec 26, 1936 - Mar 19, 2005

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:02 am

God bless him! I know he did a good job, just by your motto. What's Moms name? We will add her to our prayer list.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1957 International Cub Loboy; C-3 finish mower; L-54 blade; L-F194 plow incl coulter and jointer;L-38 disk harrow. Leinbach FH back blade.

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:05 am

Sorry bout that.........

Mom's name is Jan.

Much appreciated Bill.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:28 am

Our sympathy to you and the family Marion. You will be in our prayers.
I know like from personal experience what it is to have a great step-dad. Please let me know if I can do anything.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:53 am

Deepest sympathy Marion to you and your family.

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:58 am

So sorry to hear another fight has been lost. My mother passed away almost a year ago after a 2 year battle with cancer. I don't know where she found the courage to fight, especially the last six months. Dreadful illness.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:28 am

Marion,

My condolences to you, your mother, and the rest of your family... our prayers are for you.

I was 68 when my cancer was first diagnosed, but I'm planning to win. :D It's been two years. I'm hoping to get back to the shop soon.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:36 am

Marion, God bless you and yours.
I too was stongly influenced by a "non blood" relative (father in-law) and lost him way too early to heart problems. It's been 10+ years now and I still think about him often. Be strong for your mother, she needs you right now. You will be in our prayers.
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:00 am

You and your family have our prayers and thoughts.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:48 am

Marion:

Emilie and I send our condolences to your and to your family. I do know how this feels, as it will be 8 years since I lost my father in October of 96. I also have been blessed with the world's greatest Father-in-law, who not only has accepted me as part of his family, but treats me as his 3rd son. We almost lost him 2 years ago to multiple heart attacks, but he is still with us and we hope to have him with us for a long time to come. I know how much of an influence he has been on me, and in many ways he has become my secnond Dad and he certainly has a special place in my heart.

His memory and his love for you all will always be there, so be of good cheer. Remember that so long as you hold him and his memory dear to you, he will always be right beside you.

You will be in our prayers :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:40 pm

Marion,

My condolences to you and your family also. this is a terrible diesease.

I know right now in your time of mouring of the loss of your step father, you may not be able to see this, BUT they are making progress and are gaining some ground on a cure. I have known 8 to 12 people in the last couple of years who have conqured the diesease, but it's still a long road ahead.

It is GREAT that you had this kind of relationship with your step father, where some people don't even have that with their own biological parents. He sounds like a real remarkable person, and he will always be in your heart and you'll have lasting memories of him for the rest of your life.

George, NEVER give up that spirit and keep on fighitng and try to keep a good mental POSITIVE outlook, like I know you have been doing. We are ALL pulling for you. I remember a private message you sent me several months ago that you plan on winning this and it sounds like you haven't changed your mind. Good for you, keep up the fight!

Again Marion, my thoughts are with you.

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:29 pm

Marion,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Like your dad I'm a step dad. I've raised 2 boys that I did not father. I can only hope that I have earned the love and admiration from my boys that you have for your dad.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:34 pm

Donny
Fathering is deeper than biology. Fathering is what Marions dad did and what it looks like you have done.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Marion(57 Loboy)
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Marion(57 Loboy) » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:11 am

Sincere thanks to all of you for prayers, thoughts and well wishes. It sure means a lot to have support during times like this.

It has been a rough year for Mom and family. She lost an older sister, then her Dad in June, and her Mother in October...and now this. Still hasn't quite set in yet I'm afraid. I guess that's a common reaction that helps us deal with the loss.

Again, your thoughtfulness is much appreciated.

Marion

Return to “Family & Friends Memorial Forum”