This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall or International what?

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
D.Nickerson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall or International what?

Postby D.Nickerson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi guys. It seems we have a tractor I have completly forgot about. It's buried in the brush, and I looked at it a little today. Maybe you guys can fill me in a little on it. It's a Schramm unit. 3 cylinders are engine and 3 are air compressor. It has a Schramm grill, long hood, and an air storage tank underneath where the hood and fuel tank meet. It also has a wide front.

I know it's an International cause of the IHC stamped into the castings and parts. But what I don't know is what model it is. I THINK it's something like a 300 utility or something along those lines. I didn't take any pictures yet, so I can't give you one yet. But I'm hoping that someone will know what it is without one. I'll try to get a picture by the end of the week. Thanks for any help you can offer. Doug

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall or International what?

Postby George Willer » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:54 pm

D.Nickerson wrote:Hi guys. It seems we have a tractor I have completly forgot about. It's buried in the brush, and I looked at it a little today. Maybe you guys can fill me in a little on it. It's a Schramm unit. 3 cylinders are engine and 3 are air compressor. It has a Schramm grill, long hood, and an air storage tank underneath where the hood and fuel tank meet. It also has a wide front.

I know it's an International cause of the IHC stamped into the castings and parts. But what I don't know is what model it is. I THINK it's something like a 300 utility or something along those lines. I didn't take any pictures yet, so I can't give you one yet. But I'm hoping that someone will know what it is without one. I'll try to get a picture by the end of the week. Thanks for any help you can offer. Doug

If this helps at all here's a very poor picture I took several years ago.

It's a Schramm Pneumatractor. I was trying to buy this one several years ago by sealed bid. They're very collectable even though most railroad repair crews had one and there were a lot of them in service. This one was used in a quarry to power jack hammers for secondary blasting.

I didn't realize there was an IH connection.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

D.Nickerson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Farmall or International what?

Postby D.Nickerson » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:29 pm

George Willer wrote:
If this helps at all here's a very poor picture I took several years ago.

It's a Schramm Pneumatractor. I was trying to buy this one several years ago by sealed bid. They're very collectable even though most railroad repair crews had one and there were a lot of them in service. This one was used in a quarry to power jack hammers for secondary blasting.

I didn't realize there was an IH connection.

That's the one george. The only difference from ours to that one, is ours has narrower tires in the rear. Hopefully someone will know the model.

From what I understand, Schramm took these Farmall or International ?'s and made air compressors out of them. That's all I know.
Thanks George. Doug

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:15 pm

That Scramm is very very collectible. Harold Jones, he is a Trucker up here and a Cub, Letter Series Collector. He has two of the Schramms. One is the Pneumatractor or whatever it is called, and from what I understand it is 1 of 3 IH Base Tractors known to exist. This one may be one of the 3 or maybe it is the 4th..

Harold shows his Schramm every year in Sussex.. which is based on a I-4 with the Scramm powerplant, along with the other Schramm that is built up from an Allis Chalmers chassis -- not sure of the Model.

If this is indeedy a Schramm, it may be worth one heck of a lot of mullah..

If I remember correctly it is a 6 cylinder.. 3 are to power the compressor/tractor and 3 for the compressor itself.. Awful nice unit :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:26 pm

I've got a few pics of Harold's tractor.

It's a pretty impressive machine. It will blow the dump valve on the tank at 100 PSI from empty in about 9 seconds and maintain 60 PSI on a 1" open line!!
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

D.Nickerson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby D.Nickerson » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:00 am

Rudi wrote:That Scramm is very very collectible. Harold Jones, he is a Trucker up here and a Cub, Letter Series Collector. He has two of the Schramms. One is the Pneumatractor or whatever it is called, and from what I understand it is 1 of 3 IH Base Tractors known to exist. This one may be one of the 3 or maybe it is the 4th..

Harold shows his Schramm every year in Sussex.. which is based on a I-4 with the Scramm powerplant, along with the other Schramm that is built up from an Allis Chalmers chassis -- not sure of the Model.

If this is indeedy a Schramm, it may be worth one heck of a lot of mullah..

If I remember correctly it is a 6 cylinder.. 3 are to power the compressor/tractor and 3 for the compressor itself.. Awful nice unit :!:

Yes Rudi, it definately is a Schramm that is an IH tractor. I looked at it yesterday until I found casting stampings. And sure enough, IHC stamped all over it.

:shock: So wow, 1 of 3, or now maybe 1 of 4. Thanks for that info Rudi. Doug
Doug Nickerson,
Hatfield Pa.

'29 Regular..... '37 F-12..... '42 H.....'50 MD.... '51 Cub.....I-4 Schramm..... '36 JD A..... '40 JD A..... '85 JD 1050..... '48 Oliver Row Crop 60..... '49 Oliver Row Crop 77

D.Nickerson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby D.Nickerson » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:06 am

parts man wrote:I've got a few pics of Harold's tractor.
It's a pretty impressive machine. It will blow the dump valve on the tank at 100 PSI from empty in about 9 seconds and maintain 60 PSI on a 1" open line!!

Thanks parts man, those are sure some good pictures. Doug
Doug Nickerson,

Hatfield Pa.

'29 Regular..... '37 F-12..... '42 H.....'50 MD.... '51 Cub.....I-4 Schramm..... '36 JD A..... '40 JD A..... '85 JD 1050..... '48 Oliver Row Crop 60..... '49 Oliver Row Crop 77

TractorChick
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63023
Skype Name: The Chick
Tractors Owned: 2006 exmark zeroturn
1949 farmall cub
1948 farmall C
1963 Tilly Tiller
1951 Farmall Super A "lil' devil"
1945 farmall a "Apple"
1955 farmall cub