This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Older than us tools

Implements, Wagons, Trailers, Hit n' Miss Engines, IH Scout's & Pickups, Steam Engines, Huskers, Watch Fobs, Tools, etc. If it's farming related or made by a tractor company, post your pictures here.
Forum rules
All photos must be your personal photos (no copyrighted material).

FarmallCub.Com forum upload attachment requirements:
Maximum attached file size: 512kb
Maximum dimension: Unlimited (as long as the file is less than 512kb)

Preferred photo attachments are via direct upload in post, and/or the CubFest Photo Server.

Commercial Photo hosting services will work, however, if the image links become broken due to discontinued service or deletion of the images, the posting will be marked for removal.
Farmallacres-NJ (retired)
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 32909
eBay ID: Farmallacres
Tractors Owned: Now -
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s
1936 F20 road gear, round spokes, 13.6 goodyear Dyna Torque, smooth cambered fronts, winterfront, original dual fuel manifold.
F14, F20 w/trip loader, I-130 Ind. duals, 3 point, F100, A/V, A, BN, H - True- tricycle
Cubs – too many to remember, maybe 25 ?
Auburn Trencher – Howard RotoVators F/H and mounted w/de-speeders, Hi-Clear 30/15 w/ all NOS tires, Sims cabs, Duals, Sunflower Rotary and front and center mounted Gang Reel sets, Mott Flail F/H and Mounted, Woods, IH mowers, graders F/H and mounted, Sod cutter for culti, F/H Carry-all, Heathouser, ….Most tools and options. Maximum enjoyment.

Older than us tools

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:46 pm

Unless any of you guys are over a hundred. :surrender:

Somehow these didn't get in the auction, I'm ok with that. :roll:
If these could talk.... :hattip:
IMG_5666ss.JPG
Attachments
IMG_5668s.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Older than us tools

Postby Eugene » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:49 pm

I'm cleaning out the old hog barn, finding old tools. Have then laying on the work bench, waiting for the next electrolysis tank usage. Plan is to derust, clean up the tools, then clear coat.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Farmallacres-NJ (retired), in your top picture the tool at the bottom and third from the bottom often came together. The bottom one was a stand-alone tool as well as a handle for the other one.

5+ Years
5+ Years
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s
1936 F20 road gear, round spokes, 13.6 goodyear Dyna Torque, smooth cambered fronts, winterfront, original dual fuel manifold.
F14, F20 w/trip loader, I-130 Ind. duals, 3 point, F100, A/V, A, BN, H - True- tricycle
Auburn Trencher – Howard RotoVators F/H and mounted w/de-speeders, Hi-Clear 30/15 w/ all NOS tires, Sims cabs, Duals, Sunflower Rotary and front and center mounted Gang Reel sets, Mott Flail F/H and Mounted, Woods, IH mowers, graders F/H and mounted, Sod cutter for culti, F/H Carry-all, Heathouser, ….Most tools and options. Maximum enjoyment.

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:05 pm

Eugene wrote:I'm cleaning out the old hog barn, finding old tools. Have then laying on the work bench, waiting for the next electrolysis tank usage. Plan is to derust, clean up the tools, then clear coat.

Sounds good.
I think that the 1059B in the center was done like that.
Hitting many farm sales back in the 90s and buying 'box lots' is how these were acquired.
So unique.

5+ Years
5+ Years
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Farmallacres-NJ (retired), in your top picture the tool at the bottom and third from the bottom often came together. The bottom one was a stand-alone tool as well as a handle for the other one.

Thanks Jim .. I didn't have a clue. Kinda still don't :lol:
I assume most of these were for horse drawn tools. Cults, disks and planters.

Anyone know which goes to what ..

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Farmallacres-NJ (retired) wrote:Anyone know which goes to what ..

A good friend has a collection of about 500 wrenches. If you want to list the #'s on the wrenches and any logos, etc. I can ask him what they are.'
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

5+ Years
5+ Years
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:03 am

Hey Bob !
Thanks for the offer.

Off topic:
Looking at your list of small tractors.. like the Pony and G reminds me of a missed opportunity.
Around 1994 or95 I saw an ad in the local 'paper' for a Bronco tractor. Went and looked but had no idea what a Bronco was, no Google to go to for answers. The machine was complete and running. Tires dry, paint semi-decent but I was like 'air cooled' who's idea was that?
Anyway.. the guy was stuck at $850...yup. I was buying good running Cubs with tools at that time in the $1000 -$1400 range. With no knowledge of a Waterloo Bronco I passed on the $850. went on a hunt to find out 'what are those' to see if it was worth pursuing. I found a couple of other owners and a very old gentleman in Canada that worked at the plant. "It's a Mini-Mo cousin". He had a great story and (snail) mailed me copies of original documents.
Now .. "I gotta have it" so I called the seller back ... It was gone and I never saw another. Thinking I still might have the documents with all my old Cub lit.
Boy did I have fun playing with old iron.

Thanks for the flashback too ...

Have an air-cooled and vintage motor head buddy that used to live in Longmont, now Swink .. Bob Steere ... any chance you've crossed paths?
That Bronco was in Toms River, NJ ... 'who got it' ...lol

mozer71
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22650

Postby mozer71 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:08 pm

I have to say your tools are in very good condition. Often at flea markets and such, the jaws are spread wide as to be unusable (uncollectable) but I still bought these older tools. For the most part, they were related to tractors. In pic 1 there are some wrenches which came from an early '30's lathe. To us, crazy sizes but that dates them. The wrench at top looks to be useful to tighten the tailstock of a lathe and the square hole, tighten the square bolts of a turret toolholder. Probably not but good topic.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:40 pm

Most of them are IH tools. The bottom one in the second picture looks like a Planet Jr. wrench.

5+ Years
5+ Years
Cub Cadet Z44
New Holland TC33D HST SS
==============
Then -
1955 400 T/A WF 13/38s

Postby Farmallacres-NJ (retired) » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 am

Many have the old IHC logo. Considering their age they are in decent condition. A couple are real nice.
Plan was to do one of those painted outline tool board displays.
I never chased down any old manuals to see what these went with.

"one size fits all" ...lol

Return to “Proud of my other toys/tools Photos”