Cub and A Home

Sat May 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Nother auction nets 2 more IH tractors!

Brought home another cub,--(weird lookin thing), and an A! both have woods 59 mowers on them.---the one on the cub is a 9700 model and the a has a bit older 59 on it.
some slob had champion plugs in the cub and 1 of them was dead miss, so when we got home I put in a known good plug and now got 4 good cylinders---also got some BIG ole obnoxious carb on it that sounds like a 50 hp motor,--- dont know what kind it s, but it barely has room to hang under the manifold and sticks out over the top about a quarter inch all the way around! ---Like I said wierd lookin cub,--hard to steer with them giddy fat front tires on it and set out extra wide!---got a lotta work to do on this one!!! LOL!! thanks; sonny

Re: Cub and A Home

Sun May 19, 2013 4:14 am

Nice find.

Sun May 19, 2013 7:54 am

Nice haul Sonny! You will have em working hard soon.

Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 am

Is that a spark arrester on the A?

Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 am

Hey Sonny,

That's a nice lookin Cub and I like the A as well! Nice find at that auction!!

KT

Mon May 20, 2013 7:25 am

The muffler is more of a combine engine type that someone just slapped on it,--- I have a good Nelson regular style that does have the internal baffles made into it that I will put on in place of the weird short thing thats on it now!
Did do a fast short mow on each one right after unloading them Sunday and they both need LOTS of stuff changed on the mower decks to make then usable!!!---Dont like hand lift on the A, but thats what they had, so I live with it! LOL!!! thanks; sonny

Mon May 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Sonny,
I just picked up a 154 Lo boy and it must have the same carb as you're describing above. I talked to dad and he said it sounds like the replacement carb that Cub Cadet sold for a while. Sure works nice on the 154! Too bad I've got one too many tractors right now, so the 154 is out for sale.

Bill