This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Firing Order ???

Batteries, magnetos, distributors, wiring harnesses and more.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Firing Order ???

Postby Rudi » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Over the last couple years, I thought I had it down pat and understood the relationship between the rotor cap sequencing and the spark plugs in the firing order circuit. Appears that I didn't. Had lots of difficulty after getting Ellie's head problems fixed in being able to get Ellie timed right. Over and over and over.. til I beat that horse to death. Thankfully BD and Cecil had lots of patience explaining this stuff to me.. even though I was not getting it. I am a visual learner when it comes to some things, so this I was just not getting.

Then Cecil decided to start over from scratch with me on the phone one afternoon. He asked me to put on one of the spark plug testers that I have (got at his urging) at my favourite Princess Auto store :!: He was going to walk me through finding where my problem was in the firing order, cause I kept mucking that up.
InlineIgnitionSparkChecker.gif
InlineIgnitionSparkChecker.gif (9.4 KiB) Viewed 3353 times

These are great to check if you have spark at the coil itself, or spark to the coil tower on the cap, or each of the towers on the cap or at the spark plugs. Only problem is that you do it one at a time.

I also had this other set which I had picked up at Princess casue they came 4 to a package and for some reason I thought that they might be useful at some point... little did I know :shock: :? :D
SparkPlugWireTesters.jpg

So here is the demonstration, hope it makes sense. It did to me.. but then again, I didn't quite get the tower sequencing thing either :big shy:

Unfortunately these interesting little tools are NLA at Princess Auto, as the buyers for some reason decided to no longer purchase them - lack of sales they said. Funny, cause there isn't one to be found in Canada anywhere, they were all sold out :big say what: .. no that can't be can it :lol:
Last edited by Barnyard on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Missing Images
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Ignition/Electrical”