This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Reason for not catching up

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Reason for not catching up

Postby Cecil » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:10 pm

I just thought I would let all know why I havn't been posting responses to all the nice things said about Pris and I hosting the minifest.

As those who were here know I was not feeling too good early on Saturday. Had a bad case of heartburn so Pris loaded me up with Tagament, Pepto and a couple of asprins just in case. After the medicine felt real good and had a great time the rest of the day. Even looked at pictures with Carl and Larry until midnight.

Sunday was uneventful got some honey doos done.

Monday went to work and got the heartburn again and came home sick. Called Pris at work and told her I was home. She said she was comming home and called 911.

Ended up in the hospital with a cardiac cath and a stent. Spent last night there and now I am home with about 2 bushell basket full of pills to take. No more smoking and pills and I am good to go again. I tell you what modern medicine is a great thing.

So everything is fine and am looking forward to Cubfest in June and Cubfest Northeast next October.

Thanks to all for your help in making the minifest a success. It doesn't happen without the folks who go to the trouble of travelling long and short distances.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:20 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:24 pm

Cecil,

Sure hated to hear about you trip to the hospital, but sounds like that was the place to be. Gald that you are better now and as much as I loved to smoke, I gave it up in May of this year, so if I can do it, you can do it too :D :!:

Good luck and listen to the doc, that way there will be many more mini cub fest in your future.

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:28 pm

Cecil - just be glad that it was a relatively small group. Those boys must have really been hard on you! Any more and they might have killed you. I tell you - you gotta watch out for some of these guys. Have you taken a tractor inventory since the event?????? :) :) :)

Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:00 pm

Cecil don't listen to Big Dog! He will have you laughing so hard the stent will displace. Thank your wife for her quick thinking. It saved your life.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

lonniebug57
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby lonniebug57 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:00 pm

Cecil, I had the same thing happen to me about five years ago. And like you I waited about three days before going to the Dr. Let this be a warning to all who read this forum---- if you feel that something is not quite right. get to the Dr. If it is nothing more than indigestion he will give you some pepto and send you home. If it is more serious then you can receive proper treatment. But please do not ignore those warnings.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 pm

Yikes, glad you're doing okay now. Good thing Pris has your back!
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Holy cow!

Postby allenlook » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:53 pm

Cecil!

You take care! Sorry to hear that it wasn't just Carl's cinnamon bread that laid you low - and many kudos to Pris for riding you so much about it. She was right all along.

Many's the man who survived a heart dysfunction by finally listening to his significant other and going to the doctor!
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:40 pm

Dang, I wasn't trying to be a bad influence.... but Rudi will attest to the fact that I AM a bad influence!

Next time let the younger folks (possibly even me) do more of the heavy lifting, I just looked at Carl's photos and you did way more than your share of the work!

Glad to hear you are back on your feet!

Thanks again for being such a GREAT host! It reallly was a pleasure to meet you.

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:19 am

WOW Cecil, I'm glad ur feeling better. Would hate to lose a new friend like you.
Make sure you listen and do what the doc tells ya.

Bigdog...ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :shock:
Now Cecil will go out n look :D

Take care Cecil

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:32 pm

Will be able to go out and walk around tomorrow. Im not to worried about the Cubs. I just parked the big green one in front of them. You know Big Dogs searcher only sees red. I'm safe. :D

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:45 pm

glad everything worked out in the end. Yeah i gotta do the no smoking thing here purty soon, wifes say i got till my 40th, or i'm out. so i will start on it soon.

one time i had real bad heart burn. i WORKED in a prison at that time, went to see the nurses. they put me oxygen made me lay down, called ambulance, took me to the ER (40 miles away). the emt's were discussing what to do when i stopped breathing. (talk about a panic attack). anyway someone called the wife said i was dying and she should go to the er. well after it was all said and done, i got the take two aspirins and call me in the morning. (inflamation of the chest cavity wall, caused by a cold - coughing).

better safe then sorry. i guess, didnt enjoy paying my deductibles that year.
john

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:46 pm

Cecil:

Glad you listened to Pris and went to the hospital :!: Heart problems are nothing to sneeze at. They can scare the bejeepers outta you real quick. I really am glad that it was just a cath and a stent that fixed you up.

And I am glad that you gave up the butts I know it is a hard habit to kick, but stick to it, you can do it. I didn't have a choice either in quitting. Smoked like a chimney for almost 40 years.... should have quit years ago, too darn stubborn. The night I had my heart attack last Novemeber - I quit cold turkey and I haven't touched one since. On the 29th of this month it will be 11 months and I haven't looked back. If I can do it, you can....

I truly am glad that the Good Lord brought you through this trouble and that the doctors were able with His Blessing to fix up your arteries..

Em and my prayers are with you and Pris and your family and we will ask the Lord to continue to bless you both and keep you well.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:16 pm

Cecil,

Sorry to hear we did that to you :wink: :wink: :wink: .
Tell Pris she does a great job looking out for you. But seriously rest & get on your feet again as 2006 is not that far off.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Return to “Farmall Cub”