This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Converting to Fast Hitch: Pro/Con

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Converting to Fast Hitch: Pro/Con

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:52 am

Shane Nelson wrote:You can also use your hitch adapters from your vehicle if you get a hitch like this one shown in this picture from Shane Nelson :lol:

Well that just isn't fair! If people are trying to get $100 for the original style adapter, your ought to be worth $150 since it is the modern upgrade! hahahahaha. :D :lol:

Very nice modification Shane!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Slim140
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: .
1970 International 140
1972 International 140
1949 John Deere A
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original

Postby Slim140 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:04 am

AL Farmall Boy wrote:
Shane Nelson wrote:You can also use your hitch adapters from your vehicle if you get a hitch like this one shown in this picture from Shane Nelson :lol:

Well that just isn't fair! If people are trying to get $100 for the original style adapter, your ought to be worth $150 since it is the modern upgrade! hahahahaha. :D :lol:

Very nice modification Shane!

Thanks Chase, got the idea from my brother. I have one of the originals on the other hitch and have yet to use it.
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?

Circle of Safety

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Odd man out here!!!! LOL!!!!---I tried to install one on one of my cubs, AND ended up junking the idea!!! ---No clearance under the hitch for plants.--the hitch has to come off to use the cultivator, ---single point tends to twist and bend awfully easy.
In my case the fast hitch don't work!--Got a 560 that came with one on it and that was the first thing that came off it!--replaced with 3-pt also!
BUT!!! I did drag the top part out of the junk and used it to make a nice 3-pt. for the tractor!--I have a bunch of equipment to fit the 3-pt. and still have a solid drawbar, IF ever needed!
3pt is much more versitile , BUT, you guys love the fast hitches, and I respect that!! LOL!!! thanks; sonny

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:46 am

For cultivating, where you want to raise the front as high as it will go, is the early or later style better? From the photos from the manual, it looks like the later one will raise the bar higher out of the way, plus you don’t have the lever linkage sticking down either.

Kinda looking. Not seriously looking, ‘cause I have 2-3 projects going on at once (money is a object for sure right now!) but keeping eyes open for a “deal!” 8)
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"

Postby staninlowerAL » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:09 am

Not the precision work that Shane Nelson does but this is the way the PO solved the "hitch" problem on this tractor:
BettyJoe4.JPG
You never know what you will find on these tractors. :lol:
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Return to “Farmall Cub”