This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Good time for touch control rebuild?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Good time for touch control rebuild?

Postby Glen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:19 am

Hi,
The small plugs on the left side of the Touch Control block just block passages, no loose parts are behind them, I think.
I would clean the unit well along the bottom area, and where the weld is, and run the tractor and see if you can see where it is leaking. It's possible it is leaking at the weld.
Hard to say why it is broken and welded there.
I think someone had one that was broken and welded, and was leaking, on here before, and they said to buy another Touch Control unit and replace it.
I would check yours and be sure the weld is not leaking fluid out. :)

treesitter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44039
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
73 Cub Cadet
48 C
49 M

Re: Good time for touch control rebuild?

Postby treesitter » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Hi all. I was looking through some of my old posts (hanging out on the site hoping someone would give me the golden piece of advice I need for my C issue) and came across this old post I did.

- I did tackle this and I am SOOOOO glad I did. All of your suggestions were great and I essentially had no trouble. I can't tell you how nice it is not having all the leaks and puddles on the floor. I should have did it years ago.

Thanks again!!!!

Andy
All she did when she first saw it was stand there looking at it, shaking her head,
while my buddy and I stood there drinking beer, grinning over my fine purchase.