This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Questions about a Cub????????

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
h_tonk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Questions about a Cub????????

Postby h_tonk » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:10 pm

I help a friend pick-up a Cub the other week and he was looking for more info on it. The # on the tag (he said by the motor) is 215740J. which I think would make it a 1960. Now, the tractor is painted an off yellow ( Almost like an old Massey yellow), but the grill is painted white. The exhaust runs down and out the back. The charging system is 6V possitive ground. Metal IH symbol on the front, Metal leters on the side of the hood, Smaller metal plate lower with Cub on it. Should it be painted red with the white grill? Also he got a Plow/Blade fo it. it looks like the newer style that came with the yellow & white"Cub Cadet" Cubs. Will the attach to his Cub.
Thanks in advance for any help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:21 pm

The color scheme is really up to the owner. THe cub may have been ordered by a municipality or highway dept. and may have originally been the yellow color you see. However, if your friend wants to repaint it red, that would be correct also. As we say, it's his tractor, he can do what he wants to with it.
The blade is most likely for the cub if the previous owner included it with the tractor. Go to http://www.tmtractor.com and check out the implement hook-up pages to see how it attaches.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Farmall Cub”