This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hand crank spinner

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Hand crank spinner

Postby Command52 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:40 pm

I have searched all the crank forms and I cannot find my answer. My cub is a 1957 by the serial number and I want to get a hand crank, Im trying to do this cub as close to original as possible. Is the hand crank with the spinner or without the spinner on the handle correct for my tractor, My engine is stuck and I have been spraying it so I figured I should get a hand crank for it Thanks Billy

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Hand crank spinner

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:49 pm

A 1957 Cub shouldn't have come with a crank.

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63200

Command52
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 19954

Postby Command52 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm

I was wondering because it has the set up on the end of the crank for the hand crank and has the 2 mounting holes in the floor board for the bracketts.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Command52 wrote:I was wondering because it has the set up on the end of the crank for the hand crank and has the 2 mounting holes in the floor board for the bracketts.

Jim’s point is that tractors with electric start didn’t come with a crank. You can, of course, use one if you like
Thomas

Willy
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 38330
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub Lil Red

Postby Willy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:41 pm

tmays wrote:
Command52 wrote:I was wondering because it has the set up on the end of the crank for the hand crank and has the 2 mounting holes in the floor board for the bracketts.

Jim’s point is that tractors with electric start didn’t come with a crank. You can, of course, use one if you like

Interesting. We know the history of my 1951 and it was delivered new to my wife's Grandaddy's farm with both electric start and a hand crank.
Waking up the ol' Cub

Nah, it's not leaking oil. It's just marking it's territory.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:07 am

Willy wrote:
tmays wrote:

Interesting. We know the history of my 1951 and it was delivered new to my wife's Grandaddy's farm with both electric start and a hand crank.

You didn't follow the link I posted did you?

They all came with the holes punched for the mounting clips. The holes may be full of dirt or be painted over.