This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

using the cycle mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Vibration

Postby allenlook » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:04 am

"Vibration" is normal, "thrashing" is not... It's hard to describe what's normal by e-mail or forum thread... :?

:arrow: Moderators, is there any way to put a short video clip on the Cub Server or on the new Cub Photo Server that shows various implements being used safely and effectively? :!: :?:

For instance, it would help someone to SEE the Cub-22 in action, a picture is worth a thousand words, and a 5-second video would be worth a million...!

Not all of us get to CubFest or Cubarama to see all these different devices in use... :(
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

huntingpal
10+ Years
10+ Years
eBay ID: huntingpal

Postby huntingpal » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:30 pm

is there an easy way to get the end on the pitman arm cammed over onto the ball? It seems to take me 10 minute to rasle with it long enough to get it snapped in place.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:36 pm

does your pitman not have the spreader that holds the 2 halves of the socket apart? You should be able to separate the 2 halves with that spreader tab and it should hold them apart and as you push it down onto the ball on the end of the sickle it will push the spreader up releasing the clamp socket.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

huntingpal
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby huntingpal » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:39 pm

I ges not or maybee it does and I am using it wrong. Is there a close up photo on the web that I can look at??

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:40 pm

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

huntingpal
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby huntingpal » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:03 pm

mine looks all complete. It is hard to get the litle handle folded back against the pitman. I am doing it while the mower is mounted in the running position on the tractor. No room to get a bar or punch in there to get it latched over easily.

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:37 pm

If you use your sickle-bar mowers enough, you can hear when the bar needs lubing, and it's probably best not to lube it more often than that, unless your conditions are very wet. I always reserve used motor oil for the purpose. I don't have the cub-22 mower, but I've used them, and found the most practical and fuel efficient mowing to be at low engine speeds. The rear sickle-bar on my A cuts best at just a little better than an idle, unless I'm mowing through some heavy brush or thin saplings (and the occaisional unexpected non-organic item I find from time to time), and on that one, I oil the heck out of everything before I start for the day, and that about does it.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:02 pm

Patbretagne wrote:Thanks Jim, you echo my usage as quoted above and the manual instructions.
Jim a question, for the pitman ball and socket I pack it every couple of hours with grease rightly or wrongly, I have found that the oil dissipateds very quickly and leaves the ball very dry, the grease tends to stay in place,
What's your view?
Pat

I used #30 motor oil on the ball, same as the other places. The US made balls have a groove across the top that helps get enough oil onto the ball. French made parts may not. The ball should be oiled several times a day, same as the rest fo the knife. I have always found it adequate if the ball is lubed this way. Overly dusty conditions may make a difference.

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:28 pm

is there an easy way to get the end on the pitman arm cammed over onto the ball? It seems to take me 10 minute to rasle with it long enough to get it snapped in place.

the handle of a twleve inch cresent works great for prying the lever to open or close the clamp
Good luck
Ron

Return to “Farmall Cub”