This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Generator field coil to terminal post

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nbsbbaker
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 30467

Generator field coil to terminal post

Postby nbsbbaker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 pm

I chose to rebuild my 51 cub generator and when I removed the armature I noticed the wire from the field coil to the F terminal post on the inside of the case had come loose. I can't figure out how to reattach it. The bolt that it was attached to has a groove on the top and, apparently, the field coil wire rests in this groove. I'm not so good at soldering and I am hoping that there is an easier way to secure it. I tried JB weld but, as a non-conductor, it resulted in losing any continuity between the terminal and the field coil. Any suggestions?

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Generator field coil to terminal post

Postby Glen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Hi,
If the wire needs soldering, you could take the generator to a starter and generator repair shop, and have them solder it for you. :)