This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HVLP cleaning

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jakeesspoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44847

Postby jakeesspoo » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:39 pm

thanks guys this should get me started :D I appreciate your prompt replies always... :)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:00 pm

Not too long at all! I thought your posts were great. Mine was meant as a compliment, not criticism. Keep up the good work. Take a look at the articles here for ideas on style and composition: http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Maintenance%20Tips%20and%20Techniques/index.html
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:09 pm

A lot of good suggestions.
another one is to have a seperate set of hoses for painting and use them only to paint. Never use them on your sander, air tools etc.....
mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:34 am

I think I would be careful using a water tank as receiver for compressed air, they tend not to be tested to take air, water just leaks as it is not compressable so it doesn't explode and is not expansive.
Air is explosive if it is let go all of a sudden as in a ruptured tank. Steam is worse because it is also expansive when it is let go.
Watch out for water tanks full of air, danger lurking round the bend. Gas bottles are fine, (de-gas outside before use) they are tested to take the required internal pressure.
Good grade copper is fine for pipework it cools the air very well, but perhaps it would be best to braze (bronze welding) the joints, elbows etc rather than compression fittings with olives, not soft solder based on tin.
Look forward tp see the finished glowing cub with a safe and proud owner.
Pat

Davesaver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Davesaver » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:38 am

I probably should have been more specific on the water tank. I'm using my old pressure tank from my well it's rated at over 60 PSI and I only run it at about 25- 30 PSI as I'm going for the volume. I only run the airbrush at about 3-5 PSI. The tank has a pressure release valve that releases at 47-50 PSI.
Dave Saver ? Because I save everything. Just ask my wife.

Return to “Farmall Cub”