This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

'48 Farmall Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
k hutchins
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48843
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
193 plow
1948 snow/grading blade
Woods 59 C3
Cub 144 cultivator
Cub 22 mower
Cub 172 one row planter
Original manuals for all the above
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: '48 Farmall Cub

Postby k hutchins » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm

I've operated my '48 for close to 50 yrs with only a hand lift, and it will operate all the equipment you mentioned. Actually I prefer it for grading because I can manually react faster than the hydraulic.
If everything is in good working order, with all the extra equipment, I'd try to negotiate a bit and offer somewhere around $2700. Just my opinion.
Why is there never enough time to do the job right, but always enough time to do it over. :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

diulin
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 16701

Re: '48 Farmall Cub

Postby diulin » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:52 am

Wow, thanks for all of the advice. The amazing support of this forum is almost enough to sell me on a Farmall Cub, since I can see I'd have ready access to some good information. But based on that information, I've decided that an antique tractor is probably not the thing for me, given my limited experience with tractors, my limited time for taking care of it, and the uses that I want it for. So thanks again.

Return to “Farmall Cub”