This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Carb dewarping jig?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Cub Carb dewarping jig?

Postby Larry in IN » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:57 pm

This will make some of you chuckle -
-Had some smooth running issues with my sprayer cub, so swapped the carb from my mower cub so as to complete a sprayer job - I have rigged a 15 gal lawn/garden sprayer and a 5 nozzle boom to do the needed work in our acre of asparagus - beats the heck out of using hand sprayers!
-Anyhow... separated the offending carb and realized that it, not surprisingly, was warped.
So - I was told by a very well meaning young parts man that cub carbs were notorious for warping - so far, so good -
it occurred to me to ask if there was a straightening jig in the area. To his credit, he did not and did not feel bad admitting it.
He kindly gave me a couple suggestions to check out - to no ones' surprise, they were N.G.
I was amused by the response from a prominent longtime IH dealer in NEIN - when I asked about a jig, I was told in no uncertain terms that "they couldn't be fixed!"
I thanked him and started writing this...

(That parts man put me in mind of the Revered "Doctor", who when asked to consider testing for Lyme Disease several years ago, informed me that I did not have Lyme! And inferred that there were "Quacks" - his word - that would do incantations and throw chicken bones, etc.
Since our family had had two members previously with Lyme, I was proud of my restraint - I didn't clobber the "Doctor".
Blessedly, can't remember his name.
We did find a Lyme literate Dr. who rescued me from the AMA party line approved steroid and call the undertaker.)

:help: aNYHOW, back to the reason for the post, where is the most easily accessed carb dewarp tool? I am near Ft Wayne, IN. Will there be one at a nearby cubfest? Portland?

We have now had 24+ inches of rain since May 1, 2017. Gurgle.
Best to all!

Larry
May God continue to Bless America!
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

calcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 95032
Tractors Owned: 2- 1952 Cubs

Re: Cub Carb dewarping jig?

Postby calcub » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:04 pm

check this link.... it is pretty easy to make one if you can't locate one to borrow

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=95455

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke