This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rear Blade

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Rear Blade

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:31 pm

I've got the moldboard off an A-60 leaning up against the back wall of my barn that I've often considered turning into a FH back blade.

One thing you have to take into consideration is the height of the moldboard. The front blades are quite tall compared to a factory back blade, and the FH can only lift so high.

Your frame design will have to take that into account, so that you can lift the blade off the ground.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ajhbike
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub
1951 Super C
1966 IH 504 Hi-Clear
1968 JD 3020
1949 JD B
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Re: Rear Blade

Postby ajhbike » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:44 pm

True dat. I am going to just mount the extra blade on the standard cub in the belly and use a 5 ft piece of 6" steel that connects to the receiver I made. Both cubs have the receivers now so it should work to smooth out the driveway.

Return to “Farmall Cub”