This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

touch contro orfice

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jerry's cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 16901
Tractors Owned: 1955 farmall cub 1973 wheel horse commando 800 1985 wheel horse 417-8 and also 1989 international 9370 corn binder which I have owned and operated from brand new and still operate part time.

touch contro orfice

Postby Jerry's cub » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Is it possible to remove the orifice in the rear of the touch control without draining the touch control unit? Maybe I did not read manual in the correct place but was unable to locate that info. Mine won't lift much over a couple hundred pounds on fast hitch and that is while lifting front snow plow at same time, I wud guess the plow and its brackets probably weight 300 hundred or so its brackets attach at the belly. So is it possible the touch control is lifting what is capable of? Somewhere I believe I read what its approximate lifting ability was but have not been able to stumble back on it.
:tractor: ROMANS 6:23 Amateur radio operator since 1987 n3fvp amateur extra class

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: touch contro orfice

Postby Glen » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure if you need to drain the fluid to get to the orifice. Remove the Touch Control filler plug before beginning work, the system can have some pressure in it, even with the engine off. Removing the filler plug relieves the pressure.
Here are pics of where the orifice is, in the 1st pic, from TM Tractor, you remove the small plug less than half way up the head, and to the left of center. Then the orifice is inside.
The 2nd pic shows where it is. You have to have a screwdriver the right size to fit the end of the orifice, then it screws out.
I think someone said grind a screwdriver to the right size, if you don't have one. I think he said loosen the dash to get to it, might have to disconnect some wires, and the starter and choke rods.
Disconnect the battery ground cable first if you need to disconnect wires.
Don't remove the head, the pic is just showing where the orifice is. :)
Attachments
Cub T C.jpg
Cub T C 3.jpg
Last edited by Glen on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jerry's cub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1955 farmall cub 1973 wheel horse commando 800 1985 wheel horse 417-8 and also 1989 international 9370 corn binder which I have owned and operated from brand new and still operate part time.

Postby Jerry's cub » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 am

I am try removing the fill plug to maybe remove any residual pressure and then remove the orifice, first I need to strap up gas tank as it is full and don't want to drain it to remove so as to remove dash.
:tractor: ROMANS 6:23 Amateur radio operator since 1987 n3fvp amateur extra class

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:32 pm

I don't think I suggested grinding a screwdriver to fit as I happened to have one that was a decent fit. They often are fairly tight so a good fit is required and modifying one for a better fit may be helpful. Make sure your screwdriver blade is as wide as possible to get as much engagement as possible.

I have blocked the tank up by inserting wooden spacers between the tank and Touch-Control block. Unbolt both top and bottom of the panel. Remove choke and starter rods as may be needed. The panel can usually be moved far enough to the right with wiring still connected. When you pull the plug from the head, fluid will start to come out. But it doesn't pour out and you can usually do what is needed without draining the reservoir. I put a rag or two below the plug to catch what leaks (with marginal success).

Jerry's cub
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Jerry's cub » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:46 am

I have several screwdriver bits so should be able to find one with a secure tight fit. Thank you for your suggestions nice to have a group of helpers that have already been there done that, did not think of blocking it up maybe some wooden shims would be just the ticket.

Return to “Farmall Cub”