This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lights stopped working 20 amp fuse OK

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dicklthorpe
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 54729

Lights stopped working 20 amp fuse OK

Postby dicklthorpe » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi Everyone,
I turned on my lights last night on my 1947 Cub tractor and everything was fine until I turned on the switch for the back light then all lights went dim and went out. End of story. I checked continuity on the 20 amp fuse connected to the main light switch and it checks out fine. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dick

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Lights stopped working 20 amp fuse OK

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:39 pm

use a small wire brush to clean the clips the fuse mounts in, and also check the wire between the light switch and the ammeter. A test light or voltmeter will be handy to verify where you have lost power.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Lights stopped working 20 amp fuse OK

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:00 am

A lot of times one of the wires at the back of the fuse assembly will break loose. Also, one of the wires on the light switch will break off solder too. Pretty common on original wiring.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor: