This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Generator

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Generator

Postby kinelbor » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:07 pm

I fired up the cub today after getting the new wiring harness in. I didnt see the coil close up but I turned the light switch to the right and I could see that the generator was getting loaded up. The belt tightened and then gen made a little jump. Is it working? The amp meter doesnt seem to do anything so I assume its bad. Also after shutting down I felt around to make sure nothing was hot. The little "leg" off the light switch with the wire wrapped around it was pretty warm/hot. Hope I didnt burn anything up.
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:01 am

Well today I went out to check the wiring and a few other things. I pushed the top of the cutout down to make it close and then the amp meter needle went to charge. So that is working. For anyone that was in the chat last night, I tested the voltage again at the "A" and to ground on the side of the gen, this time with the meter set to 50 volt scale, it went up to 26V. I don't know the Delco Remy numbers for 6 and 12 volt gens but the number on mine ends with D12. Maybe its a 12 volt??? I will have my dad help me out so I can take some more readings, not enough hands to push cutout, and test battery voltage while changing throttle positions :D
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”