This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Santa Cub brought me a Cub!!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Santa Cub brought me a Cub!!!!

Postby Scrivet » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:07 pm

When I got home this evening to my great surprise and joy, I found that Santa Cub had made his yearly trip and dropped off a shiny red Cub at my house. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: Santa Cub has been visiting me every year about this time for several years now. I'm glad he keeps bringing me Cubs because of some bad luck. You see he brings them on the eve of a small tractor show only a few blocks from my house. So tomorrow morning as in years past, I'll start up my new Cub and drive it over and put it in line for the show. I have other things to attend to throughout the day so I can't stick close by. The bad news is by the time I come to take it home somebody has made off with it I'm left without my shiny new Cub. Just as well, all my old rusty ones would get jealous anyway; and I get to anticipate all year if Santa Cub will visit again next year. :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

T-Mo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 63628
Tractors Owned: '40 H
'44 B
'47 Cub
'49 C
54A Blade
42 Woods Mower
Henderson Loader
Cultivators
No. 8 Little Genius 2-12 Plow
IH Running Gear
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Santa Cub brought me a Cub!!!!

Postby T-Mo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:54 am

Scrivet wrote:When I got home this evening to my great surprise and joy, I found that Santa Cub had made his yearly trip and dropped off a shiny red Cub at my house. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: Santa Cub has been visiting me every year about this time for several years now. I'm glad he keeps bringing me Cubs because of some bad luck. You see he brings them on the eve of a small tractor show only a few blocks from my house. So tomorrow morning as in years past, I'll start up my new Cub and drive it over and put it in line for the show. I have other things to attend to throughout the day so I can't stick close by. The bad news is by the time I come to take it home somebody has made off with it I'm left without my shiny new Cub. Just as well, all my old rusty ones would get jealous anyway; and I get to anticipate all year if Santa Cub will visit again next year. :D

Where is this tractor show?

Dave F.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave F. » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:15 pm

What kind of milk & cookies you leave out for Santa Cub? I want him to stop at my house. Thanks Dave F.

al715
Zip Code: 54015
Tractors Owned: Cub 185 lo boy w/creeper
54 blade
60" mower
Case 448
JD 325
JD LX 266
JD 525
To many others to mention

Postby al715 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:01 pm

I would also like to see what Santa left you lucky guy.

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Over two year old post that I never really explained. :oops:
First, let me say that Santa Cub didn't come this year. :(
Every year in June we have the local Moses Austin Heritage Festival. Moses is known for industrializing the mining of lead in Missouri in the early 1800's as well as being the first person to obtain a Spanish land grant to settle Americans in Texas. He died before accomplishing that task and left it to Stephen F. Austin of Austin, Texas fame to complete.
But back to the story, along with the festival is a parade and usually a handful of tractors on display during the festival. John *.?-!.* cub owner usually displays a Cub and his fathers H. He brings the Cub by trailer and parks it in my driveway the evening before, then drives the H in for the parade. After the festival winds down he drives the H home and comes back with the trailer and loads up the Cub. Since I live only a few blocks away I hop on the Cub in the morning and drive it over to where the festival is. John finishes the parade and his Cub is already in place. He didn't make it this year because of all the rain we have been having.

Return to “Farmall Cub”