This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

TC Acting up

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CoachP
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 38401

TC Acting up

Postby CoachP » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Gentlemen,

I just acquired a Cub a few weeks ago, so I guess I'm a new member of the "Cub family." The tractor has been rebuilt and it starts and runs great. I purchased a Woods 42 belly mower to use to knock down some tall brush in the back of my yard. After mounting the mower and connecting everything, I started the tractor and raised the mower deck, when I did, the deck seems to "jump" every second or so when I set it at the desired height.

I've read several threads on this forum about the hydraulics and the TC, so...I checked the TC fluid level and added some (it was a little low). I used some 1209 compliant hydraulic fluid I got at TSC (didn't drain the entire thing, just topped it off) left the filler plug loose, disconnected the mower deck from the rockshaft arm as I worked the TC lever back and forth 10-12 times (attempting to "bleed" the system of air). I reconnected the mower deck and had the same "jumping" result.

I should say that the hydraulics work/move smoothly when I move the TC lever quickly; however, if I move the lever slowly, it tends to be "jerky" in its movement, even without the mower deck attached.

I'm looking for suggestions/solutions. Anyone else experience this symptom? Any insight/help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CoachP

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: TC Acting up

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:15 pm

go here and click on the GSS 1024 Touch Control manual. In the trouble shooting look for Hiccupping
http://farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php?d ... ls&order=0
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 pm

go to the Quick links at top of page, then PDF manuals, then Service Manuals, then Blue Ribbon manuals, and finally select the GSS 1024 Touch Control manual. Look through the trouble shooting section for hiccuping.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

CoachP
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 38401

Postby CoachP » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:43 am

Thanks, I'll give the manuals a look and see what I find.

Return to “Farmall Cub”