Restoration Questions

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hammer63
Zip Code: 65706

Restoration Questions

Postby Hammer63 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:13 pm

I have restored a number of cars in the past but this is my first time restoring a tractor its a 1963 square nose McCormick Farmall cub . My questions are where would be the best place to look for reproduction parts mainly a Battery Box, front flat grill and when restoring cars you can get a complete nut and bolt kit is there something like that for this tractor. I am just starting this project so I'm sure ill be bothering you all with a lot more questions. thank you all in advance

Glen
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Restoration Questions

Postby Glen » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi,
The guys on here say that TM Tractor parts is a good place to buy things for Cubs. They are at the bottom of most pages on here.
They don't have a new grille for the newer Cubs, that I saw there.
You could put a want ad in The Vine, on this site, and maybe someone has one they will sell.
Go to the Board index at the top of the page to find The Vine.
JP Tractor Salvage at the bottom of the page says they have one for $75.
Here is a listing for a new battery box, at TM Tractor, you can look at it.
The bolts, I'm not sure about. TM Tractor has some, for individual parts, and screws for holding the hood on. :)

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/el/5721fp.htm

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Restoration Questions

Postby Bob McCarty » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:11 pm

No nut and bolt kits other than a few for certain items (like stainless for the radiator) on eBay that are over priced. As Glen said, TM carries some of the odd ball sizes. The parts book lists sizes for most others. I can't find new grills for sale, but there may be a source I'm unfamiliar with.
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein