This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Need help taking apart generator to service

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
punchofdeath
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 25617
Tractors Owned: 1956 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Need help taking apart generator to service

Postby punchofdeath » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:35 am

By how I have this drawn, if it's correct, which I'm positive it is, then the bottom switch is supposed to cut the battery off as it is a 12v battery which is used to start the tractor then we turn that switch off we rely on the generator to keep the tractor running to avoid frying it (6v pos. ground). As my dad explained it to me one switch is to let you start the tractor then cut the battery off then the other is to turn the ignition circuit off or on. Although, even with both switches on, when we unhooked the lead from the battery the tractor died anyways. Which in turn is actually why this thread exists.
Caleb
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Need help taking apart generator to service

Postby Eugene » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:54 am

Your posts have conflicting information. First sentence states that the tractor will not run operating on the generator/regulator. Wiring diagram and a later sentence indicates that the tractor runs off of the generator/regulator once the lower switch is opened.

Perhaps I'm reading incorrectly, you stated that the tractor dies when you disconnect a cable from the battery. Perhaps the 12 volt battery is still powering the ignition system when the lower switch is opened
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”